Lauren is a member of the firm’s Family Law practice group and represents clients in all aspects relating to:
- Dissolution of civil unions and domestic partnerships
- Non-dissolution matters
- Alimony, including enforcement, modification and/or termination
- Child support (and related expenses, including contribution to college costs)
- Emancipation of adult children
- Custody rights and parenting time arrangements
- Equitable distribution, including distribution retirement assets
- Premarital agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Negotiation and preparation of comprehensive marital settlement agreements
- Post-judgment enforcement and/or modification of orders/agreements
In addition to her work as a litigator, Lauren is a mediator in divorce cases for those who wish to pursue alternative dispute resolution. Lauren also serves as an Early Settlement Panelist for the Mercer County Superior Court, a distinction reserved for experienced matrimonial lawyers. Lauren is actively involved in the firm’s Women’s Initiative, serving as Co-Chair of the Connectivity subcommittee. She is also actively involved in the firm’s recruitment programs, assisting with on-campus recruiting and serving as a mentor and supervising attorney for the firm’s summer associates.
Matters that Lauren has handled include:
- K.A.F. v. D.L.M./D.L.M v. K.A.F. and F.D., 437 N.J. Super. 123 (App. Div. 2014): Appellate Division reported (precedential) decision interpreting the N.J. Supreme Court case of V.C. v. M.J.B. regarding the rights of “psychological parents”
- R.R. v. R.N., 2014 WL 7343489 (N.J. Super. App. Div. 2014): Appellate Division decision affirming the trial court’s denial of a request to partition a jointly-owned property
- Securing a judgment against an obligor spouse in excess of $150,000 for unpaid alimony
Before Fox Rothschild
Lauren previously practiced at a boutique matrimonial firm in Monmouth County, NJ, where she focused exclusively on family law matters. Before that, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph P. Testa, J.S.C., of the New Jersey Superior Court, Family Division, where she assisted in various matrimonial law proceedings.
While in law school, Lauren served as a law clerk for a matrimonial firm in Philadelphia and participated in the Criminal Litigation Clinic as a certified legal intern at the Defender Association of Philadelphia. She was also a member of the Drexel University School of Law's national trial team.
New Jersey Family Legal Blog
Lauren regularly contributes to the New Jersey Family Legal Blog. This blog provides practical information and useful tips related to such topics as alimony, child support, custody, parenting time, divorce, equitable distribution, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence and grandparent visitation. This blog is an excellent resource for individuals with New Jersey specific family law questions and advisors whose clients may encounter family law issues.
New Jersey Divorce App
For those simply contemplating separation or already in the midst of divorce proceedings in the Garden State, the useful tools included in Fox’s New Jersey Divorce App can answer questions, offer insight into aspects of the divorce process that may have been overlooked and provide users with resources they may not have known were available.
The app is currently available for free in the iTunes Store. To download it, click here.
Completion of 40-hour Family Law Mediation Training at the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Litigation Trial Advocacy Award
presented by the Center for Forensic Economic Studies
- Exceptional Pro Bono Hours
presented by Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law