Law Firms and Attorneys Representative Matters
- Served as Chapter 7 Trustee in the bankruptcy of a major AmLaw 100 law firm, recovering nearly $1 million from law firms that hired partners from the now-defunct law firm.
- Represented an AmLaw 100 law firm as M&A counsel in its merger with a large Chicago-based law firm.
- Represented an AmLaw 100 law firm as intermediary counsel in its merger with a New Jersey law practice.
- Represented a 70-lawyer law firm in Philadelphia in its wind-down prior to dissolution.
- Represented numerous law firms in connection with restructuring, developing buy/sell agreements, separations and succession plans as well as fringe benefit plans.
- Secured summary judgment for an AmLaw 200 law firm in a legal malpractice action on a Uniform Commercial Code defense in a case where the plaintiff sought damages in excess of $100 million.
- Secured judgment on the pleadings for an AmLaw 200 law firm in a legal malpractice action on a statute of limitations defense.
- Provide ongoing representation to numerous law firms and lawyers involving law firm partnership disputes, lawyer separations and firm breakups.