Levin has advised developers, owners, design professionals, contractors and subcontractors on a wide array of construction and real estate matters for public and private construction and real estate development projects, which include: negotiating and preparing construction and design professional contracts (AIA, AGC and customized construction and design contracts), development agreements, agreements of sale, commercial leases, subleases, easements, access agreements and right-of-way agreements. In addition, Levin has advised clients on lease renewals, lease amendments, lease disputes, deed research, real estate title conflicts and zoning matters.
Levin has also advised clients on and evaluated various construction claims (e.g., extra work claims, delay claims and errors and omission claims) arising out of construction projects and assisted in mediating and arbitrating construction disputes.
Levin serves as Pennsylvania outside general counsel for a bi-state transportation agency on a wide variety of transportation infrastructure, construction, real estate and commercial legal matters, which include:
- Preparing and negotiating construction contracts with intellectual property implications (e.g., contracts with E-ZPass electronic toll collection and electronic security and surveillance technology venders);
- Preparing requests for qualifications, requests for proposals and other procurement related contracts and negotiating these contracts;
- Managing the bi-state agency’s construction and business disputes by negotiating with opposing counsel, participating in mediations and assisting with determining litigation strategy; and
- Researching, advising and issuing legal opinions to the senior staff and the board of commissioners for the bi-state agency on various transactional and litigation matters while taking into consideration risks, liability, legal compliance, financial impacts, alternatives and agency objectives.
He also maintains a general corporate practice and advises corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies on a variety of legal matters including:
- choice of entity
- drafting of shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, and limited liability company operating agreements
Before Fox Rothschild
Levin served as an intern for the U.S. Department of Labor, Regional Office of Solicitor in Philadelphia, where he conducted research, wrote summaries regarding the admissibility of specific evidence, drafted pleadings and participated in trial preparation strategy meetings.
At Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Levin was a member of the editorial staff of the Federal Communications Law Journal and was inducted into the Order of the Coif honor society. As an undergraduate at Bowdoin College, he was a James Bowdoin Scholar and participated in the American University Economic Policy Study Away Program, authoring a research paper titled, “A Case Analysis of the Federal Open Market Committee Decision Making Process.”
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Levin graduated from the Chester County Leadership Connection program in 2005.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the "2010 Service Award" by the Chester County Bar Association
- Named a "Pennsylvania Rising Star" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2007 and 2008)