With a background and practical work experience in the health care field, Muthuramanan “Ramana” Rameswaran handles a variety of health care and general corporate matters for health systems, hospitals, physicians, biotechnology companies, pharmacies, dental practices, and other health care providers and entities.
Ramana’s health care experiences include:
- Drafting and negotiating health information technology (HIT) and complex health care supply and professional services arrangements, including purchasing and maintenance of electronic health records (EHR/EMR) systems, health care software and other software licensing, SaaS or subscription software licensing, health care consulting arrangements, group purchasing organization (GPO) arrangements, health care equipment purchases and leases, consumable supply purchases, biomedical management and services agreements and more.
- Drafting and negotiating managed care contracts, physician and other health care provider employment agreements, billing and payor agreements, contract pharmacy arrangements, affiliation agreements, graduate medical education-related agreements, clinical trial and other research agreements.
- Advising on the 340B Drug Discount Program, Stark and Anti-Kickback regulations, acquisitions and mergers of health care entities, third-party payor rules and policies, Medicare and Medicaid regulations, corporate practice of medicine, provider licensing and scope of practice and HIPAA, amongst others.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Ramana was an attorney for Temple University Health System, Inc. and special counsel for Avantor Performance Materials, a performance materials manufacturer for chemicals in the electronics and life sciences industry.
During law school, he was Vice President of the Moot Court Honor Society and Captain of the national award winning Transactional Lawyering team.
Before attending law school, Ramana was a biotechnician at Merck Sharpe & Dohme, working with vaccines. Ramana also previously attended Temple University School of Medicine and completed course work and clinical rotations toward a medical degree.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ramana currently serves on the Governing Council of the American Bar Association’s Health Law Section. He has also served as Vice Chair of its In-House Counsel Group, Chair of its Scholarship Committee and the law student liaison to the Governing Council.
In the community, Ramana has long been involved with the Uwchlan Ambulance Corps (UAC) as well as the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and First Responder community in Chester County, Pennsylvania. He serves as a member of UAC’s Board of Directors and was previously an Assistant Chief. Ramana actively educates and extensively lectures to EMS professionals on a variety of topics including EMS Management, patient documentation, medical-legal ethics, effective communications, human anatomy and more.
Honors & Awards
- Chester County’s EMS Educator of the Year (2015)
- Order of the Barrister (2013)
- The Bertram K. Wolfe Award (2013)
- Temple Moot Court Alumni Award (2013)
- The Sender and Janina Szwalbenest Memorial Award (2013)
- Philadelphia Bar Association – Law Student Diversity Award (2011)
- Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America (2000)