Marc is an experienced attorney whose diverse practice focuses on business litigation and counseling and managing legal issues in crisis situations. In the courtroom or at the negotiating table, Marc is dedicated to finding creative solutions to his clients’ challenges in areas that include corporate conflicts, trade secret issues, real estate matters, shareholder and franchise disputes, employment issues and complex commercial disputes, including high-stakes litigation.
Marc has broad trial experience in New Jersey and beyond. He has appeared in federal courts throughout New Jersey and New York, and in the superior courts of nearly all New Jersey counties. In addition, Marc has served as lead counsel in matters throughout the New York metro area, as well as in jurisdictions across the nation, including Alabama, California, Kansas, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
His broad list of clients includes entrepreneurs, closely held family businesses, automobile dealerships, and real estate and technology ventures.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Marc was a partner and led his practice group in a New Jersey law firm. He also previously worked as a law clerk for The Honorable Serena Perretti, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, assisting in both criminal and civil matters.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Marc frequently serves as a panelist in legal profession forums and has provided commentary on statewide television news broadcasts.
- Obtained an injunction to restrain one of the world’s largest petroleum companies from terminating all of its franchise owners in New Jersey, in role as lead counsel for nearly 40 franchised gasoline station owners who were threatened with franchise termination.
- Represented a New York media company in multimillion-dollar "bet the company" litigation in New York federal court.
- Representation of a putative nationwide class of investors against a multinational investment firm seeking damages in excess of $75 million.
- Obtained registration and use of disputed trademark on motion, without trial, as lead counsel for a national cosmetics manufacturer in trademark litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims on motion as lead counsel for a venture firm in a suit related to the firm’s sale of its radio station for $54 million. The dismissal was affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of an action that sought to rescind a sale involving more than 400 single family homes while representing real estate developer in the trial court and on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims after three-week jury trial in role as lead counsel for nationally renowned consulting firm and its majority shareholders, defending against claims of shareholder oppression and employment discrimination in litigation brought in federal and state court by dissenting shareholders.
- Obtained successful jury verdict after extended trial as lead trial counsel for a telecommunications firm in a suit filed by its former chairman and landlord, seeking more than $1 million in damages.
- Defended general partner/executor of family business in estate litigation filed by family members seeking multimillion-dollar recovery. Settled the matter after three weeks of trial with the general partner/executor receiving settlement sums in excess of $300,000.
- Obtained a successful settlement after two weeks of trial in representing an automobile distributor in a suit filed by a dealer to restrain the opening of an additional dealership within eight miles.
- Represented a property owner in a condemnation proceeding, which avoided the taking of real property and obtained an award of attorneys’ fees in excess of $300,000.
- Represented a multimillion-dollar ATM distributor and processor in a successful suit to restrain competition by the former sales manager through enforcement of post-employment restrictive covenant. Obtained an injunction against the sales manager on an expedited basis without trial.
- Represented 50 percent shareholder and garment manufacturer in crisis seeking to restrain the other 50 percent shareholder from directing corporate activities. Succeeded in obtaining an injunction to restrain the activities of the other shareholder by obtaining corporate control of the entity.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of New Jersey "Super Lawyers" in the area of business litigation (2006-2017)
- Named a "Future Star - New Jersey" by Benchmark Litigation (2013-2017)
- Included in the New Jersey Law Journal "40 Under 40" list (2002)
- Included in a NJBIZ "Forty Under 40" list (2005)
- Recipient of the Essex County Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Section Achievement Award (1999)
- Recipient of the George Washington University Isaac Davis Prize for outstanding oral advocacy