An experienced transactional attorney with more than 30 years of experience in real estate and corporate finance, Marcy uses her extensive in-house and law firm background to solve her clients' complex issues and challenges and implement business and practical-minded strategies with respect to real estate acquisitions, dispositions and the financing and capitalization thereof.
Marcy represents national and local developers and family offices, along with private equity and institutional investors and funds in complex real estate transactions involving diverse capital sources, including tax credits, preferred equity, mezzanine and private and public institutional debt. Marcy advises her clients on the formation, structure, strategic alliance and investment in and with, joint ventures and portfolio companies, as well as subsequent exit strategies and related acquisition and sale transactions.
She has advised clients on more than $8 billion in debt financings and equity raises for multi-family apartments; residential communities; industrial facilities; urban entertainment centers; educational facilities; retail malls; hospitals; mixed-use projects; and resorts and hotels.
Most notably, Marcy has handled the following representative matters:
- Representation of one of the largest real estate opportunity funds in the U.S. in a variety of matters, including the acquisition of a major department store chain, a national parking operator and national self-storage facilities.
- Representation of a retail chain in the sale or lease acquisition and the construction of more than 25 stores in northeast Philadelphia.
- Representation of a real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition and development of hotel properties throughout the U.S., Mexico and Anguilla.
- Served as national counsel for a leading private equity fund handling real estate matters throughout the U.S., including one of the largest retail sale leaseback transactions in the past five years.
- Representation of a national developer along with city, state and federal agencies in the acquisition, development and financing of a regional intelligence center.
- Representation of a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers.
- Representation of a CEO and his family in restructuring a family owned real estate business, restructuring shareholder agreements and resolving shareholder disputes.
- Representation of a privately owned company in the sale of the real estate division and related joint venture with the acquiring company.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Marcy was a shareholder at an East Coast law firm, concentrating her practice on real estate, land use, business and corporate law.
Honors & Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in SJ Magazine’s “Top Attorney List” (2014)