Mark has more than 20 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, primarily in restructuring and insolvency. He has appeared in bankruptcy and federal district courts throughout the country. Most recently, he has represented secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy matters related to real estate, energy, telecommunications and retail, among other industries.
Mark has represented:
- A major financial institution in a real estate bankruptcy (Northern District of Texas)
- A publicly listed REIT in a complex hospitality bankruptcy (Northern District of Illinois)
- A major financial institution in a real estate bankruptcy (Central District of California)
- A private equity firm in a retail/real estate bankruptcy (Western District of Texas)
- A major financial institution in an agribusiness bankruptcy (District of Nevada)
- An international oil and gas company in an energy bankruptcy (District of Delaware)
- A major financial institution in a real estate bankruptcy (Southern District of Texas)
- A major telecommunication company in a bankruptcy (Eastern District of Texas)
- A major financial institution in a telecommunications bankruptcy (U.S. Virgin Islands)
- A group of major financial institutions in an energy bankruptcy (Northern District of Texas)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Mark was a partner at several national law firms. He is also a former prosecutor for Dallas County.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Mark frequently writes and speaks locally and nationally on bankruptcy topics. In addition, he recently served as co-chair of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association, and was a primary editor of Bankruptcy Litigation, the committee's quarterly newsletter. Mark now serves on the American Bar Association's Book Board.
Honors & Awards
- Named among “The Best Lawyers in America” for Bankruptcy and Creditors/Debtors Rights and Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2011-2017)
- Named a “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters for Bankruptcy Law (2005-2006)
- Named among the “Best Lawyers Under 40 In Dallas” by D Magazine (2006)
- Rated AV Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell®