Mark works with business clients to protect their interests when facing complex litigation matters. He frequently litigates disputes among manufacturers, dealers and distributors regarding termination, nonpayment, competition, and trade secrets.
Mark also defends banks and other financial institutions against claims brought by consumers under state and federal consumer protection laws and statutes, including consumer class action claims.He has successfully defended manufacturers against product liability suits alleging personal injury and property damage.
- Obtained a $1.8 million judgment on behalf of a domestic manufacturer against a Spanish distributor for breach of contract.
- Secured dismissal of product liability claims based on federal preemption on behalf of a medical device manufacturer.
- Obtained summary judgment in state court dismissing a misappropriation of trade secrets claim against a Fortune 1000 technology company.
- Defended consumer class actions involving the mortgage industry in state and federal courts in Minnesota, Louisiana and Michigan.
- Secured an order dismissing FDCPA and unjust enrichment claims before class certification against a national mortgage servicer.
- Represented a Fortune 500 national bank in a class action alleging excessive attorneys’ fees in residential mortgage.
- Argued a case to the Minnesota Court of Appeals establishing that the standard of proof required to obtain an order for protection from domestic abuse is “preponderance of the evidence,” not clear and convincing evidence.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Mark was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. During law school, he was a member of the Order of the Coif and was editor-in-chief of the Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems journal.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Mark serves on the board of Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN), a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to using the power of volunteers to protect and enforce the legal rights of low-income Minnesotans. Mark also participates in the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono legal representation to low-income victims of domestic violence who are seeking orders of protection. He also volunteers at the Children’s Law Center, which helps tackle legal challenges facing children in foster care.
Additionally, Mark coaches youth soccer in his free time.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2012-2014, 2016)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2008-2009, 2015-2017)
- Recipient, Oppenheimer Pro Bono Award (2005)
- Recipient, Oppenheimer Community Service Award (2011)