Martha has spent her more than 25 year career serving as a trusted bankruptcy adviser to a range of clients. From retail and real estate to the food and equipment licensing industries, she has developed a robust practice and clients turn to her to resolve their most complex issues. With a practice focused in business reorganization and bankruptcy, Martha has handled matters in bankruptcy courts throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Martha represents Chapter 11 debtors, creditors’ committees and Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees in the full gamut of bankruptcy matters. She has developed a reputation for her knowledge in liquidations, reorganizations, receiverships, assignments for the benefits creditors, business restructurings and workouts. In addition, she represents other constituencies in state court insolvency proceedings and preference litigation. Representative matters include:
- Counsel for the Creditors’ Committee in In re Mantara, et. al., in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Counsel for the Creditors’ Committee in We The People in the District of Delaware;
- Counsel for Chapter 11 Debtor poultry processor Omtron USA, LLC (d/b/a Townsends, Inc.) in the Middle District of North Carolina;
- Counsel for Chapter 11 Debtor PNG Ventures, Inc. et. al., a successful Chapter 11 reorganization, in the District of Delaware;
- Counsel for Chapter 11 Debtor Whitton Corporation in the District of Nevada; and
- Counsel for Chapter 11 Debtors Oskar Huber Furniture in the District of New Jersey.
- Counsel for Chapter 7 trustee in Commerce Financial Group LLC in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
Before Fox Rothschild
Martha was a member of Fox's Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy practice from 1988 to 1995. Prior to law school, Martha worked as a manager for New England Life Insurance Company in Boston, Massachusetts.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Martha is dedicated to aiding her community and has worked closely with St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Ardmore, Pennsylvania. She has served the church as a Vestry Member, Capital Campaign Committee Member and Chairperson of the Stewardship Committee. She has also served as an assistant soccer coach for the Haverford Township soccer program.
Martha currently serves as a subcommittee chair for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference Local Rules Committee, and was integral in updating Chapter 25 of the Collier’s Practice Manual covering “Appointment of Chapter 7 Trustee.”