Marv represents management in labor management relations. A substantial portion of his practice involves court appearances and administrative hearings on:
- wrongful discharges
- employment discrimination
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) representation and unfair labor practice proceedings
- non-competition agreements
Marv, co-chair of the firm's Labor Management Relations practice group, has extensive experience counseling employers on a wide range of issues including plant closings, discrimination claims, employee discipline, employee benefits and drafting and implementation of personnel policies. He also handles collective bargaining negotiations and arbitrations and provides guidance to employers seeking to remain non unionized.
Before Fox Rothschild
Marv was a Trial Specialist at the NLRB in Philadelphia and counsel to an NLRB member. In law school at Case Western Reserve University, he was a member of the Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Marv is a frequent speaker and author on employment law topics. He is a Regional Vice-President of the Case Western Reserve University Law Alumni Association and a member of the Northwestern University Alumni Admissions Council. Marv is a member of the American Bar Association's Section of Labor & Employment Law Committee on Practice & Procedure under the National Labor Relations Act.
Marvin is a contributing editor to The Developing Labor Law (ABA).
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Top-Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment" by ALM (2013)
- Named among Philadelphia's Top Rated Lawyers (2015, 2013, 2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine
- Named as a "Who's Who in American Law"
- Named among the "Best Lawyers in America" in Employment Law (2013-2018)