Mat represents clients in commercial real estate and development transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, financings, the structuring of real estate joint ventures and office leasing. He also handles matters related to financial services and assists borrowers and lenders in mortgage, construction and mezzanine lending transactions.
Prior to his work in real estate law, Mat focused his practice on capital markets matters. He has extensive experience representing underwriters and issuers in a variety of transactions, including the initial public offerings of Silicon Valley technology companies.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the multistate acquisition of self-storage facilities
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the acquisition of lessees interest in a ground lease of a commercial building in Franklin Township, NJ
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and financing of vacant land in lower Manhattan for the development of a hotel management agreement with a national hotel operator
- Represented a real estate investment firm, as landlord, in the negotiation of office and warehouse leases in its buildings in northern New Jersey
- Represented real estate investment firm, as joint venture partner, in the acquisition of the former Wrigley’s Gum facility in Edison, NJ
- Represented real estate investment firm, as seller, in the disposition of the Quaker Building in Chicago, IL
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to his practice of law, Mat worked in the advertising industry in both New York and California.