Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist, Matt represents institutional and life insurance lenders and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate financing on a national scale, with particular emphasis on title and survey review and other due diligence matters. He also advises both landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial leases, including retail, industrial and office leases. In addition, he represents developers, small businesses and individuals in a wide variety of land acquisition and development matters.
- Handled a $19 million mortgage loan for a multisite industrial property portfolio located in Texas.
- Handled a $2 million mortgage loan for a multiparcel retail development located in Wisconsin.
- Handled a $5 million leasehold mortgage loan on a ground lease located in a mixed use development in Oregon.
- Handled a $4 million mortgage loan for a multifamily facility located in New York.
- Examined titles and served as underwriting counsel on behalf of a national title insurance company on hundreds of transactions for properties located in the Upper Midwest on deals ranging from $250,000 to $50 million.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Matt was an attorney at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. He also previously served as an underwriting attorney for a leading national title insurance company, where he became particularly adept at evaluating and analyzing risks throughout all stages of the title review process.
While in law school, Matt was a member of the Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy.
Honors & Awards
- Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist
- Included in a list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2007)
- Recipient, Highest Grade Award in Legal Research and Writing
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research and Writing and Professional Responsibility