Corporate, Nonprofit & Educational Institutions
Corporations, nonprofits, and educational institutions put out plenty of content that others may consider actionable – and they are increasingly finding themselves on the receiving end of lawsuits alleging defamation, invasion of privacy, and other causes of action. Content includes traditional forms such as press releases, press conferences, advertisements, corporate newsletters, external and internal communications, and employee evaluations and terminations. And newer forms including emails, websites, blogs, and podcasts.
Fox Rothschild has experienced trial attorneys ready to defend defamation and invasion of privacy lawsuits. We are also able to provide on-site seminars and litigation avoidance advice, as well as review what you want to say before you say it – all designed to prevent lawsuits from happening.
In the higher education setting, Fox attorneys provide advice relating to academic freedom, a basic tenet founded on the First Amendment.
- defend against defamation and invasion of privacy lawsuits
- vet what you want to say to mitigate risk
- give seminars to executives, communications and public relations staff, and other employees on defamation and invasion of privacy issues
- offer risk management counseling to minimize legal risks
- provide advice to ensure compliance with privacy laws and regulations
- protect copyright, trademark, and patent rights
As a national firm, Fox Rothschild has the support of 800 attorneys to aid clients with nearly every issue. Corporate, nonprofit and educational clients may also be interested in the following practice areas: