Media companies need attorneys who know the industry – how reporters and editors do their jobs, how they get information, the language they use, and how what they do serves the public interest.
Fox Rothschild's Media, Defamation & Privacy Law Practice Group strives to make sure our media clients are free to do what they do best – report the news – and we fight aggressively to protect their First Amendment rights when they are sued or subpoenaed, or when they are denied access to information about the workings of our government.
We represent a wide variety of clients – national broadcast networks, local television stations, large and small newspapers, film producers, book authors, and entertainment figures. We provide aggressive, knowledgeable advice and counseling to all of our clients on an efficient, cost-effective basis. We have a proven track record of defeating claims asserted against the media.
For our media clients, our attorneys:
- defend against claims of libel and invasion of privacy
- fight for access to court and government records and proceedings
- oppose subpoenas seeking reporters' notes and testimony
- provide pre-publication/pre-broadcast review on 24/7 basis
- give seminars on defamation, access, and reporters' privilege issues
- offer risk management counseling for newsgathering and investigation techniques
- protect copyright, trademark, and patent rights
As a national firm, Fox Rothschild has the support of 750 attorneys to aid clients with nearly every issue. Media clients may also be interested in the following practice areas: