Among our recent financing matters, we have represented:
- Rotation Medical, Inc., a venture capital-backed medical device company with products to treat rotator cuff disease, as company counsel for a $27.6 million Series B convertible preferred stock financing.
- Holaira, Inc., a privately held lung denervation company developing minimally invasive products to make breathing easier for patients suffering from obstructive lung diseases, in a $42 million venture financing.
- Cardionomic, Inc., a medical device developer of a therapy to increase cardiac output, in a $20 million venture capital financing.
- Innerspace Neuro Solutions Inc., a company developing a treatment for intracranial pressures, in a restructuring and simultaneous $4 million venture capital financing.
- Torax Medical, Inc., a venture capital-backed medical device company with products to treat gastro-esophageal reflux disease, as company counsel for a $30 million Series D convertible preferred stock.
- Tornier N.V. (NASDAQ: TRNX), a premier high-growth extremities and biologics company, in its $210 million underwritten public offering.
- BioSante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: BPAX) in several underwritten, registered direct and PIPE offerings.
- Trice Medical, a pioneer in needle-based diagnostic and therapeutic technologies for orthopedics, in a Series B Convertible Preferred Stock financing.
- Medical Transcription Billing, Corp. (NASDAQ: MTBC), a leading provider of proprietary, web-based electronic health records, practice management and mHealth solutions, in its initial public offering of 4.1 million shares of common stock at $5 per share.
- Rosemark Capital, a private equity firm that partners with tech companies in bringing new ideas and solutions to market, in its $23.5 million Series C Funding of Jiff, the rapidly growing enterprise health benefits platform. The funding includes a strategic investment from GE Ventures as well as investments from Venrock Associates, Aberdare Partners and Aeris Capital.
- NewSpring Capital, LP in connection with its $4 million Series B investment in RightCare, an industry leading medical technology company focused on improving patient outcomes and reducing readmissions.
- CRO Analytics, a clinical research company for the biopharmaceutical industry, on a Ben Franklin Partners Series A financing.
- OrthoGenRx, a late stage product development company focused on the commercialization of generic Class III orthopedic medical devices, in a Series C financing, a Convertible Note financing and a Series A Participating Preferred financing.
- ReliefBand Technologies LLC, a digital neurotechnology company that provides leading edge personalized medical treatment, in a $5 million Series A funding. The round was led by PathoCapital, a Chicago-based specialty health care fund. The investment will fuel the consumer market introduction of the company’s digital, FDA-cleared, wearable device for the drug-free treatment of nausea.
- Amphora Medical Inc., a medical device manufacturer, in a $12 million Series A funding.
- Bright Health, a health care insurance company, in an $80 million Series A funding.
- Mainstay Medical, Inc., a global medical device company, in a $20 million Series B funding and redomicile in Ireland.
- Spineology Inc., a medical technology company focused on next-generation spinal technology, in a $7.5 million Convertible Debenture financing.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Among our mergers and acquisitions matters, we have represented:
- NeuWave Medical, Inc., a privately held medical device company that manufactures and markets minimally invasive soft-tissue microwave ablation systems, through a major acquisition by Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., a medical device company, which is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies.
- Tornier N.V. (NASDAQ: TRNX), a premier high-growth extremities and biologics company, in its:
- Stock-for-stock merger with Wright Medical Group, Inc., including a Form S-4 registration statement in connection with the merger.
- Acquisition of OrthoHelix Surgical Designs for approximately $135 million in a combination of cash and stock.
- Biosante Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: BPAX), a pharmaceutical company focused on reproductive health, in the following transactions:
- Purchase of Cell Genesys, Inc.
- Stock-for-stock merger with ANI Pharmaceuticals, including a Form S-4 registration statement in connection with the merger.
- ev3 Inc. (NASDAQ: EVV), a global technology provider for specialists treating a wide range of vascular diseases and disorders, in its sale to Covidien for approximately $2.6 billion in cash, pursuant to a tender offer by Covidien.
- Uroplasty (NASDAQ: UPI), a global medical company, in its stock-for-stock merger with Vision-Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSCI), including a Form S-4 registration statement in connection with the merger.
- Virtual Radiologic Corporation (NASDAQ: VRAD), a global telemedicine company, in its sale to Providence Equity Partners for approximately $250 million.
- superDimension, a private company based in Israel that develops minimally invasive interventional pulmonology devices, in its sale to Covidien plc for approximately $350 million.
- Hemosphere, Inc., a privately held medical device company, it its sale to CryoLife, Inc.
- CardioInsight, Inc., a medical device company specializing in cardiac mapping technology, in its sale to Medtronic, Inc. following Medtronic’s strategic investment in CardioInsight.
- RestorGenex Corporation (OTCQX: RESX), a public specialty biopharmaceutical company, in its merger with Diffusion Pharmaceuticals, a privately held clinical stage biotechnology company.
- The Chemistry Research Solution LLC, a chemistry and bioconjugation company, in its acquisition by Abzena plc (AIM: ABZA), a British life sciences technology company, for $15 million.
- Arizant Inc., a medical technology company, in its sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- VidaMed, Inc., a medical technology company, in its sale of the company to Medtronic, Inc.
- Enantigen Therapeutics, Inc., a privately held pharmaceutical company located at the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center, in its acquisition by OnCore Biopharma, Inc., a biotechnology company focused on the research, development and commercialization of oral treatments for chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- Moda Technology Partners, Inc., a privately held software company focused on the growing need for effective automation and efficient regulatory compliance within the biopharmaceutical, consumer products, food processing and petrochemical industries, in the sale of all of its stock to Lonza, Inc., a Swiss publicly traded pharmaceutical company.
- neuroFix Therapeutics, LLC, the developer of NFC-1, in its acquisition by Medgenics (NYSE: MDGN). Hakon Hakonarson, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Director of the Center for Applied Genomics at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) founded neuroFix to pursue development of NFC-1 following a breakthrough genetic discovery. Medgenics acquired all outstanding shares of neuroFix for upfront consideration of $2 million cash, a series of performance-based milestone payments and sales royalties.