An experienced litigation attorney, Melissa regularly counsels clients on a wide array of complex commercial litigation matters, including, but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with contractual relations and civil conspiracy. Her experience also extends to the areas of products liability and mass torts, intellectual property (patent and trademark infringement and trade secrets), unfair trade practices, consumer protection, fraud, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), insurance defense and construction litigation.
Additionally, Melissa has prosecuted multiple trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and regularly counsels clients on protecting their intellectual property.
- Defended a major consumer lending company against unfair trade practices and consumer protections claims brought by the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office in connection with a line of credit product.
- Defended the world’s largest Internet domain name registrar against allegations of infringing upon a patent purportedly claiming a device and method for communicating client due date reminders and receiving replies to the reminders over the Internet.
- Represented a leading juvenile products manufacturer in an infringement action against a competitor, alleging infringement of a patent covering multiple aspects of a folding children’s stroller.
- Defended a major stock exchange against allegations of infringing upon a patent purportedly claiming a method for valuing “expiration-less” stock options.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical company in a private product liability arbitration involving more than 600 personal injury claims related to a pharmaceutical product.
- Defended two transplant surgeons in a week-long trial alleging defamation/false light claims against a major Pennsylvania medical center.
- Represented a small, domestic spring water company in a Lanham Act action against a large, international bottled water company alleging false advertising of the international company’s spring water product.
- Defended a general contractor against Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), contract, personal injury and class action claims arising from a parking garage collapse.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Melissa was an associate at two national law firms as well as an international law firm.
While in law school, Melissa served as executive editor for the Temple Law Review as well as a teaching assistant for the Director of Legal Research and Writing Program.