Mel represents national lending and real estate institutions in lending work, asset recovery and workouts across the US. He handles a wide variety of matters involving lending, real estate development, land acquisition projects and joint venture agreements and other entity formation agreements, such as shareholder agreements for corporations.
Chair of the firm’s New Jersey Real Estate Department, Mel has experience:
- Representing lenders, including with financing documentation and negotiations
- With operating agreements for limited liability companies and hotel and other property management
- Representing companies in hotel development and leasing as well as land acquisition projects, including survey, title, and easement issues
- Overseeing commercial litigation
- Handling matters related to condominiums and cooperatives
Mel has particularly deep experience in managing real estate portfolios, having represented a blue-chip commercial real estate lender in documenting hundreds of loans ranging in transaction size from $1 million to up to $100 million. In addition, Mel has handled hundreds of workouts and other asset recoveries for entities that were formed to buy troubled loans.