Mike has more than 30 years of experience representing clients in commercial, public and corporate finance matters, including taxable and tax-exempt debt securities, real estate loans and syndicated credit facilities. His clients include investment banks, real estate developers, hospitals, universities, corporate trustees and private businesses.
Mike has advised underwriters and borrowers on more than 150 public finance transactions with total principal value in excess of $2.3 billion and has closed more than 60 acquisitions, financings and private syndications for single-asset real estate ventures. He also currently represents a global corporate trustee in large, high-yield U.S. debt offerings and serves as finance counsel to both a regional hospital and a large university.
- Serves as public finance counsel to Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota and Hamline University.
- Underwriter’s counsel to Piper Jaffray & Co. on multiple higher education public finance issues.
- Advised a global corporate trustee on public and private high-yield note offerings worth more than $13 billion.
- Advised Piper Jaffray Lending LLC on participated loans for new construction of senior housing and care facilities.
- Outside general counsel to a developer of cooperative senior housing projects with more than 1,200 dwelling units in five states.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Mike was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
In law school, Mike was managing editor of the Minnesota Law Review.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rated
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2013-2016)
- Named among the Minnesota “Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2005)