Michael handles a wide range of litigation matters including business, commercial, real estate, construction, insurance defense, wills and probate and banking. Michael represents clients in all levels of appeals, and counsels homeowners associations in regulatory compliance and litigation matters.
As a registered pharmacist in Texas and several other states, Michael frequently acts as a resource and adviser for pharmacy clients.
Clients praise Michael as being “exceptional in his communication and explanation of the law,” touting his “informed and excellent legal advice.”
- Nina White Robinson; Mpatanishi Tayari Garrett v. Coventry II DDR/Trademark Montgomery Farm, L.P.,U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (oral argument).
- Nina White Robinson; Mpatanishi Tayari Garrett v. Coventry II DDR/Trademark Montgomery Farm, L.P., District and Bankruptcy Courts, Northern District of Texas (commercial real estate and contempt/sanctions litigation).
- Sunburst Hospitality Corporation v. VIP Lodging, Inc.; 67th District Court, Tarrant County (commercial litigation).
- Prestonwood Market Square v. Guatam Daftary et al., County Court No. 4, Dallas County (commercial dispute).
- Avis Rent-a-Car v. Paul Katz, County Court No. 5, Dallas County (breach of contract).
- Bourgeois v. Toshiba America Medical Systems, 160th District Court, Dallas County (commercial litigation).
- DCT Rittiman LLC v. Spectrum Creations, L.P. f/k/a Spectrum Creations, Inc., and Michael Barnes, 45th District Court, Bexar County (commercial real estate litigation).
- CPR, Ltd. v. Mathew Zarbinian d/b/a Candy Dandies and Hanson Nemat, County Court at No 4.; Justice Court No. 3-1, Collin County (commercial lease dispute).
- Melody Haddock v. Michael Ornac, Small Claims Court No. 3-1, Collin County (18-wheeler trucking accident).
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Michael was a partner at David & Goodman, P.C. Before his legal career, he worked as a pharmacist for 10 years in Boston, Las Vegas, Dallas and Fort Worth.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Michael has served on the Board of Directors for the McKinney YMCA, the Dallas Chamber Orchestra and with the Dallas Young Lawyers’ Committee for Legal Aid to the Elderly. He volunteers his time at the Samaritan Inn in McKinney, Texas, the Stewpot in Dallas, Texas, and with the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers’ Generation Generosity project.
Michael regularly mentors law students by volunteering at SMU Law School to help judge mock trial and moot court competitions and by assisting students with mock interviews. He also serves as a judge for the Texas High School Mock Trial Competition.
Honors & Awards
- Named to “Super Lawyers Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2008, 2010, 2013)