Mergers and Acquisitions
Michael has broad experience in corporate mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including work for international companies and their U.S. subsidiaries. He has represented buyers and sellers in a wide range of industries and a variety of contexts, including competitive auctions.
- A major international oil company in the sale of its equity interest in the largest corporation in the Baltic states, a refinery, pipelines and a port, in a transaction valued in excess of $1.5 billion
- A major international security company in more than 25 acquisitions and divestitures of security guard, armored car and security alarm companies
- The U.S. subsidiary of a Taiwanese company, operating under a courtappointed receiver, in a competitive auction process for the sale of one of the nation's leading furniture retailers for approximately $100 million
- The shareholders of a garbage collection and processing company in connection with the sale of the company in a transaction valued at $100 million
- The sole shareholder of an industrial parts manufacturer specializing in the production of highly engineered components for aerospace, turbine engine, industrial gas turbine, and general industrial markets in a competitive auction process for the of the company for approximately $85 million
- Representation of a leader in the field of advanced composite materials in the acquisitions of (1) a manufacturer of high quality thermosetting advanced composite materials in a transaction valued at approximately $32 million and (2) a manufacturer of advanced armor solutions for the protection of vehicles (e.g., Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles), aircraft, ships/watercraft and military personnel in a transaction valued at approximately $68 million