An aggressive advocate for his clients, Ari provides corporate counsel and litigation strategy to public and private companies. With a client-centric approach, he represents some of the largest retailers in the United States as well as small local businesses and religious and charitable organizations in commercial and civil litigation matters related to contracts, securities, employment, real estate, banking and environmental law. He handles cases in state and federal courts in New York, New Jersey and throughout the United States and also arbitrates matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Additionally, Ari serves as co-chair of the firm’s Israel Practice.
Among the clients that Ari has represented are:
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Sleepys’ LLC
- Eli Zabar’s
- Artistic Tile, Inc.
- Harel Insurance, Ltd.
- The Leumi Group
- Gaia Real Estate
- Menorah Mivtachim
- El-Ad – T’shuva Group
- Yigal Azrouel
- Strauss Group, Ltd.
Ari also conducts his practice from the firm’s Business Center location in Hackensack, NJ.
- Obtained a judgment in the Supreme Court of New York on behalf of a major retailer against its landlord, defeating the landlord's efforts to terminate the lease for the retailer’s flagship location in the Bronx.
- Successfully defended several national securities/brokerage firms against customer complaints and regulatory investigations brought in arbitration and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Obtained judgment dismissing a $2.5 million lawsuit against a major retailer over its proposed purchase of property in New Jersey.
- Recovered a substantial judgment on behalf of a chain shoe store in New York as a result of the subsequent owner's breach of contract.
- Negotiated the settlement of a multimillion-dollar securities lawsuit filed in Georgia on behalf of an institutional investor, which resulted in the recovery of damages in excess of the investment.
- Obtained a large verdict on behalf on a major software company against a former vendor that was unlawfully infringing upon the client's intellectual property.
- Represent a major international designer in all areas of the law, including trademark, litigation, real estate, licensing and employment matters.
- Represented major designers in international litigation related to licensing, employment and contracts.
- Propane Power Corp. v. ALM Plumbing & Heating Supply Co., Inc., 2008 WL 4547235, (D.N.J. Oct 08, 2008)
- Schwartzman v. Tax Appeals Tribunal of City of New York, 777 N.Y.S.2d 452, (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept. May 25, 2004)
- Kermanshah v. Kermanshah, 580 F.Supp. 247 (S.D.N.Y. 2008)
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Ari was a litigation partner at a New York City law firm. He is also a former New York City prosecutor.
While in law school, Ari was a member of the Urban Law Journal and a featured columnist in the school’s newspaper.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ari was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve on the District Ethics Committee (IIB - Bergen County), which operates under the umbrella of the New Jersey State Office of Attorney Ethics. In this role, he assists in overseeing and investigating allegations of unethical conduct by members of the New Jersey Bar.
Ari is a frequent lecturer on civil litigation and has taught courses at both the university and high school level. He has been featured on CBS Radio's Wall Street Journal Report and quoted in legal and non-legal periodicals, and his articles on commercial litigation have been published in the New Jersey Law Journal and the Metropolitan Corporate Counsel.
Honors & Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in the list of New Jersey "Super Lawyers" in the field of Business Litigation (2010 and 2014)
- Included in the list of New Jersey “Super Lawyer Rising Stars” (2006-2007)
- Recognized as a "Top Young Lawyer" in New Jersey