Brett A. Axelrod and Anne M. Loraditch, Renown Bankruptcy Attorneys in Nevada, Join Fox Rothschild’s Las Vegas OfficeApril 28, 2010 – Press Releases
Distinguished financial restructuring and bankruptcy attorneys Brett A. Axelrod – recently named Bankruptcy Practitioner of the Year by the Turnaround Management Association of Nevada – and Anne M. Loraditch have joined Fox Rothschild LLP as partners resident in its Las Vegas office. Both were formerly with Greenberg Traurig.
Axelrod has worked on some of the largest bankruptcy cases in the state of Nevada, and Loraditch possesses deep experience gained from her involvement in some of the largest reorganizations in Nevada.
“We are thrilled to welcome Brett and Anne to the firm,” said the managing partner of the firm’s Las Vegas office. “They are top-caliber bankruptcy attorneys in Nevada, and their additions significantly broaden the scope of legal services we offer to clients from our Las Vegas office. Brett and Anne bring a wealth of experience in financial and corporate restructuring to our already top-notch firm-wide bankruptcy practice.”
While Axelrod concentrates in the areas of business reorganization and bankruptcy, asset sales and acquisitions and gaming, she possesses a broad range of experience in insolvency and corporate restructuring matters. She represents Chapter 11 debtors, unsecured creditors’ committees and purchasers of bankruptcy assets as well as secured creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings and purchasers in 363 sales.
Among the matters she has handled, Axelrod has:
- Represented FX Las Vegas I, LLC as Chapter 11 debtor counsel;
- Represented James Rhodes in the Rhodes Homes et al bankruptcy cases;
- Served as counsel to the unsecured creditors committee in Stateline Casino and related cases;
- Served as debtor's counsel in Stratosphere Gaming Casino, Elsinore Gaming, Fitzgerald Gaming and Village Hotel Investors, Village Hotel Holdings;
- Represented prospective purchasers in the Aladdin 2 and 3 bankruptcy cases; and
- Represented vendors in contract and license negotiations with Coushatta Tribe and Grand Casinos.
Axelrod is an active member of the bankruptcy community. She is director for the Nevada Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. She has presented to the National Association of Homebuilders Executive Committee and the American Bankruptcy Institute and has authored a chapter for Inside the Minds, published by Aspatore Books. Axelrod also serves as director for the Women's Leadership Council for the United Way.
Axelrod earned her J.D. from Duke University School of Law in 1993, and graduated with her B.S. with honors, from California State University, Northridge, in 1990. She is admitted to practice in California and Nevada.
Axelrod has been selected as a “Who’s Who” in Nevada Business, selected as a "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine and Nevada Super Lawyers magazine and is ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 (AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies).
With a strong commitment to preserving and recovering her clients' assets in insolvency matters, Loraditch focuses her practice on corporate restructuring. Her broad-base practice involves pre-bankruptcy restructuring negotiations, plan formulation and confirmation, claims recovery and asset sales common to Chapter 11 cases. She has a strong background in business reorganization and bankruptcy matters, claims recovery, asset sales and acquisitions and the real estate and gaming/hospitality industries.
Loraditch has handled a variety of matters; of which her most significant ones included representation of:
- Various businesses and equity holders in their out of court restructuring negotiations involving debt obligations ranging from $300-$400 million.
- Various businesses and equity holders in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings involving debt obligations ranging up to $400 million.
- Secured creditors in pre-bankruptcy workouts and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Asset purchasers in 363 sales.
- Official Committees of unsecured creditors and equity security holders in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings with debt obligations ranging up to $900 million+.
Loraditch was nominated to serve as a member of the board of governors of the State Bar of Nevada and a current member of the American Bar Association, American Bankruptcy Institute and Turnaround Management Association. She earned her J.D. from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law in 2002 and her B.A. from Texas A&M University, graduating cum laude in 1990.