Esteemed Real Estate Attorney Marcy N. Hart Joins Fox Rothschild’s Philadelphia OfficeJanuary 20, 2015 – Press Releases
Fox Rothschild is pleased to welcome Marcy N. Hart as a partner in its Real Estate Department. Hart will be based in the Philadelphia office.
Hart, who has a deep understanding of real estate and transactional matters, represents local and national developers and private and institutional investors in the acquisition, development, financing, repositioning and disposition of both commercial and residential property. She focuses on urban mixed-use projects as well as suburban developments and has significant experience structuring and documenting such transactions involving diverse capital sources including private equity, public finance, tax credits and senior debt.
“With the real estate market in Pennsylvania and the surrounding geographic region on the rise, we are always looking for talented attorneys like Marcy to join our team,” said Robert W. Gundlach, Jr., chair of Fox’s Real Estate Department. “We are excited to welcome Marcy to the group and know that our clients will benefit from her strong and expansive background in, and knowledge of, the commercial real estate arena.”
Throughout her career, Hart has handled a number of significant real estate transactions, including:
- Represented local prominent developers in the acquisition, development and tax credit financing of various multi- family mixed use projects in Center City, Philadelphia.
- Represented one of the largest real estate opportunity funds in the United States in a variety of matters, including the acquisition of a major department store chain, a national parking operator and national self-storage facilities.
- Represented a retail chain in the sale or lease acquisition and the construction of more than 25 stores in northeast Philadelphia.
- Represented a real estate opportunity fund in the acquisition and development of hotel properties throughout the United States, Mexico and Anguilla.
- Represented a national developer along with city, state and federal agencies in the acquisition, development and tax credit and institutional financing of a regional intelligence center.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of multiple regional shopping malls and power centers.
An active member of the local real estate and legal communities, Hart is involved with the Building Industry Association of Philadelphia, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), International Council of Shopping Centers, Jewish Federation Real Estate, New Jersey State Bar Association, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations and the Urban Land Institute.
Hart earned her J.D. from Villanova Law School and her B.A. from Wellesley College.
Prior to joining Fox, Hart was a shareholder with Flaster Greenberg.