Experienced Corporate Attorney Paul R. Wassgren Joins Fox Rothschild in Its Las Vegas OfficeJuly 8, 2010 – Press Releases
Paul R. Wassgren, an attorney to multinational corporations, has joined Fox Rothschild LLP as a partner in its Corporate Department practicing in the firm’s Las Vegas office.
Wassgren practices in the areas of securities, finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. His clients range in size from individual entrepreneurs to multinational corporations.
Wassgren has handled a variety of matters, including the following transactions:
- Represented a publicly traded gaming corporation in connection with the issuance of $225 million in senior debt.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company based in China on the placement of $15 million in preferred securities to two Singapore-based institutional investors.
- Advised on and structured the tax-free acquisition of business entities in the State of Nevada and the State of California valued collectively at approximately $10 million through a series of reverse triangular mergers under Section 368(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended.
- Prepared private placement memoranda in connection with equity and convertible debt offerings totaling approximately $8 million to expand the operations of a biotechnology research and development company in the western United States and China.
- Represented a developer in connection with two private placements of securities to fund the construction of vacation properties in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and the acquisition of real property in Belize.
Admitted to practice in California and Nevada, Wassgren is a member of the Knights of Columbus and Oxford Business Alumni. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Desert Mountain States Chapter. In addition, Wassgren has served as a contract specialist and pro bono attorney for the Catholic Charitable Bureau of the Archdiocese of Boston, Inc.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul was Special Counsel at Duane Morris LLP. Before practicing law, he worked in the securities industry and for biotechnology research and development companies, with an emphasis on new business development.
Wassgren graduated in 2008 from Oxford University with his M.A.; his M.B.A. in 2003; and his B.A., also in 2003, graduating with Honours in Jurisprudence. In 1997 he graduated summa cum laude from Pepperdine University.