Fox Rothschild’s Exton Office Marks Its 20th AnniversarySeptember 10, 2010 – Press Releases
Fox Rothschild recently celebrated two decades of serving the ever-growing legal needs of the entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial businesses headquartered in the western suburbs of Philadelphia.
Opened on September 3, 1990, the firm’s office in Exton provides legal services to an impressive range of clients, including Fortune 1000 companies, many of the region’s best technology and life science companies, professional service firms, family-owned companies and individuals. The office houses 42 attorneys and 29 more employees.
"We have an impressive group of lawyers in this office, all of whom are deeply dedicated to the community we serve," said Michael Harrington, office managing partner. "For us, it is the ties to our community and to the clients we serve that continually drive us to become better in all the things in which we are involved in Chester County. The sense of unity we have with our community demands that we give our best."
Members of the Chester County office are active participants in various organizations that serve the needs of county residents. Among the local entities to which the firm contributes:
- Community Youth and Women’s Alliance Center – CYWA assists women in need with obtaining and maintaining employment within the community. In addition to its Work Ready Program, it provides a wide range of services to families in Chester County, including an emergency shelter for women and children, employment services, health services and clinics, transitional housing and youth services. The firm’s Women’s Initiative recently partnered with CYWA to host a cocktail reception to raise awareness of and support for the CYWA Work Ready Program, and the office collected non-perishable food items and monetary donations from its staff to benefit CYWA.
- Wood to Wonderful – The office collected gently used bicycles, sporting equipment and monetary donations to benefit this Reading, PA-based organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for deserving children.
- In celebration of Earth Day, the office collected new or used iPods, iPhones, video games, GPS systems, cameras, DVDs and Blu-ray discs, which were traded for a Target gift card for a local charity.
- The office celebrates National Dental Hygiene Month each July by collecting dental hygiene products for donation to the Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County. Also, members of the office collect new school supplies each year to donate to the children of clients of the Center.
- Each holiday season, the office adopts a family or organization in Chester County.
Other organizations supported by the Exton office include the American Red Cross, the United Way of Chester County, Good Works, Inc., Women Build Committee for Chester County Habitat for Humanity, Brandywine Health Foundation, Brandywine YMCA, Domestic Violence Center of Chester County and Alex’s Lemonade Stand, among others.
Fox Rothschild’s Chester County office is also a model of corporate citizenship, particularly in its green initiatives. The office is housed within the Eagleview Corporate Center in space that achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in both the Commercial Interiors (CI) and Core and Shell (CS) categories.
Attorneys in Exton provide a full range of legal services to clients, including corporate, securities, venture capital, private equity, health care, commercial litigation, construction, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, franchising and distribution, estate and trust planning and administration, environmental, labor and employment, real estate, domestic relations, nonprofit and tax.