Fox Rothschild LLP Is First Law Firm To Receive HR Department of the Year Award; Takes Top Honors at 2010 CeremonyJanuary 4, 2011 – Press Releases
Fox Rothschild LLP received top honors at the recent 2010 annual Human Resource Department of the Year Awards Dinner and Presentation, earning the distinction of being the first law firm to ever receive this award.
As a national law firm of more than 500 attorneys and 550 staff members across its network of 16 offices, Fox Rothschild won accolades as the top HR Department comprised of five to nine employees in the Delaware Valley region. The honor not only acknowledges the firm’s dedication to its workforce, which it considers its greatest asset and a key underlying component of the firm’s business success, but also applauds the diligent work of the HR Department to implement and streamline many processes, leading to greater overall efficiency throughout the firm.
The firm’s HR Department, formalized in 2007, was recognized for revolutionizing the employer/employee relationship at Fox Rothschild, implementing new systems, streamlining and reconfiguring existing systems and generally moving the firm into the future in a progressive, proactive — and healthy — manner.
Accomplishments of the Department within the law few years have included:
- Consolidation of 13 medical plans into one, resulting in substantial cost savings to the firm
- Implementation of a new staff compensation plan
- Creation of the firm wellness program, called Fox Fit & Well, which was the recipient of the 2010 Philadelphia Business Journal/United Healthcare Healthy Workplace Award: 1st Prize Gold Winner - Best of Show, in the large company category
- Development of a comprehensive business continuity program
- Implementation of a new broad-based and fully integrated payroll/human resources information system.
- Establishment of a paid-time-off (PTO) program
- Conversion of a fully insured medical plan into a self-insured program
- Creation of a competencies-based performance evaluation program
On the agenda for the future, the Department is seeking to create Fox University, an education portal for all firm employees, and to institute new performance-based competencies and skills assessments for staff members.
Exclusive to the Delaware Valley area, the Human Resource Department of the Year Awards are designed to identify local HR departments that have demonstrated overall service excellence and impacted the success of their organizations. The awards were founded in 1998 by Scott Rosen, president of the Rosen Group, who believed that HR professionals should receive recognition for what they do and the growth and change they produce within an organization. Awards are given to Delaware Valley HR teams in five size categories, and judges each year hail from a variety of corporations and associations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Sponsors of the awards include the Philadelphia Human Resources Planning Society, Tri-State HR and Philadelphia Human Resource Management Society.