Kravitz of Fox Rothschild Named One of Daily Journal’s Top 10 Entertainment IP AttorneysApril 23, 2008
The Los Angeles/San Francisco Daily Journal recently ranked Fox Rothschild LLP partner Jeffrey S. Kravitz as one of the Top 10 Entertainment IP Attorneys in California. The list was compiled through solicitations for nominations from law firms, general counsel, and judges for leading California attorneys whose practices have shown high achievement in the entertainment intellectual property litigation field.
Kravitz, who practices from the firm’s Los Angeles office, focuses his practice on intellectual property and entertainment matters, including business and intellectual property litigation for copyrights, trademarks, unfair competition, media, libel, and trade secret law. Kravitz has served as an “expert witness” on cases in Ohio and California, and was a Board of Advisors member and outside counsel for the National Sports Marketing Network.
His most recent cases include:
- representation of a major studio against sexual harassment charges
- representation of trustee in a commercial case where putative buyer sought specific performance of sale of property
- representation of broadcasters in numerous disputed claims of copyright infringement and invasion of privacy
- representation of a cable network in breach of copyright matter brought by competing producer regarding a television special on African-American military regiment
- representation of a major television network in series of lawsuits designed to prevent airing of television specials revealing magic tricks
- representation of a bicycle company in a case against a competing exercise equipment company
- representation of a Canadian broadcaster against several copyright claims brought by a producer
- representation in a breach of copyright case involving design patterns