Restaurant Law UpdateMay 16, 2012
Carolyn D. Richmond, a partner and co-chair of the firm’s Hospitality Practice Group, recently spoke with Foodservice Radio about current issues in employment law affecting food service operators.
As of late, the food service industry has been under increasing scrutiny from government, plaintiff groups and social justice groups. In this podcast, Carolyn addresses various issues, including:
- definition of an exempt employee and who legally qualifies
- Time clock records and tip pool records
- importance of an employee handbook that includes a sexual harassment and diversity policy
- Providing tip credit information to employees in writing
- Limiting the amount of time card adjustments made and employee signatures on changes