Chair of the firm’s Gaming Practice Group, Nick has practiced all aspects of gaming law for more than 30 years, including licensing, acquisitions, compliance plans and investigations, and financing. Named as one of the leading gaming attorneys in the world by Chambers Global, his clients include casinos, gaming equipment manufacturers and other technology providers, private equity firms, and other investors.
Nick has handled gaming matters in numerous domestic and international jurisdictions, including:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- Puerto Rico
Before Fox Rothschild
Nick began practicing gaming law in 1980, shortly after casinos were legalized in New Jersey. He was a shareholder and director in the Atlantic City office of a Trenton-based law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Nick has testified three times before the New Jersey Legislature on gaming technology, including Internet gaming. He is on the editorial advisory board of Global Gaming Business and the G2E Institute Advisory Board. Nick has also authored a chapter called "The Adoption and Development of the Casino Control Act" in the book, Casino Gaming in Atlantic City: A Thirty Year Retrospective, published in 2009.
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading gaming attorneys in the world, Chambers Global (2008-2016)
- Named as one of the leading gaming attorneys in the U.S., Chambers USA (2013-2016)
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for Gaming Law (2005-2017)
- Named "Atlantic City Gaming Law Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers (2012, 2016)
- Selected for inclusion in “Who’s Who Legal” in the area of Sports & Entertainment Law (2014-2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 New Jersey Lawyers of the Year
- The New York Area’s Best Lawyers (2005-2011)
- Selected as a "Super Lawyer" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2005-2008)