Nikki has developed a significant trustee practice that is built on her acute understanding of the complex issues and pressures her clients face while navigating the bankruptcy process. She focuses primarily on the representation of bankruptcy trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings and has more than a decade of experience in all aspects of bankruptcy liquidations, including
- Asset recovery and liquidation
- Claims review and analysis
- Discharge analysis
- Settlement negotiations
- Prosecution and defense of avoidance claims
- Bankruptcy-related litigation
Nikki regularly acts as a liaison between debtors, creditors and trustees on matters concerning bankruptcy estate administration, offering guidance and counsel on all aspects of a case from its commencement through closing. She also has experience representing appointed fiduciaries in state court assignments for the benefit of creditors.
Nikki’s most significant representations include:
- National law firm of Thelen LLP
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee and played a crucial role in resolving the majority claims against partners without litigation.
- Addressed novel issues that included developing protocols for the return of client escrow funds and addressing WARN Act claims and unfinished business claims.
- Dallek, Inc., a former furniture retailer and interior design company, in which the debtor’s warehouse located in Bronx, New York sold at auction for significantly above the stalking horse bid
- Helped construct and confirm a plan of liquidation that paid creditors 100 percent of their claims plus interest.
- Pali Capital Corp. and Pali Holdings, Inc., a former broker-dealer
- Assisted with the successful prosecution of claims against the debtor’s former officers and directors that resulted in a multimillion-dollar recovery for the bankruptcy estate.
Rodman & Renshaw, Inc., a former-broker dealer
- Lead liquidation efforts that resulted in more than $5 million in recoveries for the bankruptcy estate.
- Addressed a host of bankruptcy-related issues, including contract assumption and rejection issues, third party document demands, surrender of collateral belonging to secured creditors and liquidation of tangible assets and intellectual property.
Before Fox Rothschild
Nikki was previously associated with Geron & Associates, a bankruptcy boutique firm that merged with Fox Rothschild in 2005.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Nikki is active in her local community, serving as events coordinator for the Low Tide Run, which provides funds for individuals who are battling cancer, as well as a Girl Scout leader and a soccer coach.