Oksana’s practice focuses on commercial and business-related litigation matters, including contractual disputes, derivatives and securities, merchant processing and electronic payments.
She also has significant experience in the enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards, obtaining evidence abroad, protection of intellectual property and trade secrets, directors’ and officers’ liability and corporate governance matters.
Additionally, Oksana represents domestic and foreign companies, financial institutions, bankruptcy trustees and individuals in state and federal courts and in arbitration forums.
Oksana serves on the associate steering committee for Fox Rothschild’s Women’s Initiative.
- Represented a financial institution in a bankruptcy court action involving the valuation of several hundred complex interest rate swaps with a notional amount totaling $16.5 billion, terminated in the wake of Lehman’s failure
- Represented the Chapter 7 Trustee of a bankrupt financial firm, specializing in derivatives and fixed-income trading, in various litigation matters in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. See Geron v. Peebler (In re Pali Holdings, Inc.), 488 B.R. 841 (Bktcy. S.D.N.Y. 2013) and In re Pali Holdings, Inc., 491 B.R. 389 (Bktcy. S.D.N.Y. 2013).
- Successfully obtained decision of first impression in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York concerning post-judgment turnover of assets held by a foreign bank. See JW Oilfield Equipment, LLC v. Commerzbank AG, 764 F. Supp. 2d 587 (S.D.N.Y. 2011)
- Represented a foreign biopharmaceutical company in a multi-border dispute.
- Represented clients in a trial in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York concerning violations of the trademark laws, theft of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Obtained a favorable decision on behalf of clients in a AAA arbitration in a contractual dispute.
- Represented a card processing company in various contractual disputes in New York state courts.
- Successfully defended, on summary judgment, a retailer of recreational products against a $13 million claim.
Before Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a summer associate for Fox Rothschild. She was also a summer associate in Rome, Italy, for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Oksana also worked for Salans, LLC in St. Petersburg, Russia.
While in law school, she served as judicial intern for the Honorable Richard B. Klein of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the managing editor of the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal. Oksana also received a grant from the U.S. Government to study in the summer law school program in Salzburg, Austria taught by the U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a competitive and world-ranked chess player.
Honors & Awards
- Award, Albert R. Mugel National Tax Moot Court Competition
- The Institute for International Law and Public Policy Award