Oksana’s practice focuses on complex commercial and business-related litigation matters, including contractual disputes, business competition and fraud.
She also has significant experience in the enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards, obtaining evidence abroad, protection of intellectual property and trade secrets, directors’ and officers’ liability, bankruptcy, corporate governance, employment, legal ethics and professional responsibility, and antitrust matters.
Oksana represents both large and small clients, including domestic and foreign companies, financial institutions, health providers, real estate developers, bankruptcy and estate trustees and individuals, in a broad range of litigation matters in federal and state courts and alternative dispute resolution forums.
Oksana works across a broad range of industries, including financial, derivatives and securities, merchant processing and electronic payments, pharmaceutical, entertainment, real estate and retail.
Oksana handles all phases of litigation from pre-lawsuit investigation through discovery, trial and appeal and advises clients about the risk management strategies and policies.
Oksana is the chair of the associate steering committee for Fox Rothschild’s Women’s Initiative.
- Defended a financial institution in a bankruptcy court action and trial involving the valuation of several hundred complex interest rate swaps with a notional amount totaling $16.5 billion, terminated in the wake of Lehman’s failure
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee of a bankrupt financial firm, specializing in derivatives and fixed-income trading, in various litigation matters in a bankruptcy court. Secured several awards in favor of the client.
- Successfully obtained a decision of first impression in New York Federal court concerning post-judgment turnover of assets held by a foreign bank.
- Successfully represented a financial institution, a third party in a criminal forfeiture proceeding initiated by the Government against the Madoff parties in New York federal court.
- Defended a law firm against legal malpractice and breach of duty claims asserted by a public figure alleging multi-million dollar damages.
- Defended a film distributor against the claims of Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee.
- Successfully represented a foreign biopharmaceutical company in a multi-border dispute.
- Defended clients in a trial in New York Federal court concerning violations of the trademark laws, theft of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Obtained a favorable decision on behalf of clients in an AAA arbitration in a contractual dispute.
- Successfully represented a card processing company in various contractual disputes in New York courts.
- Successfully defended, on summary judgment, a retailer of recreational products against a multimillion-dollar claim in New York State court.
- Advised a foreign retail chain regarding litigation strategies relevant to negotiating buy-out of U.S. joint venture partner.
Before Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a summer associate for Fox Rothschild. She was also a summer associate in Rome, Italy, for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Oksana also worked for Salans, LLC in St. Petersburg, Russia.
While in law school, she served as judicial intern for the Honorable Richard B. Klein of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the managing editor of the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal. Oksana also received a grant from the U.S. Government to study in the summer law school program in Salzburg, Austria taught by the U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Oksana was a competitive and world-ranked chess player.
Honors & Awards
- Award, Albert R. Mugel National Tax Moot Court Competition
- The Institute for International Law and Public Policy Award