Banking and FDIC Enforcement
- Represented a former president of a community bank in a TARP fraud indictment.
- Represented a former chief lending officer in a grand jury investigation and debarment proceedings.
- Represented a former bank executive in a FIRREA action.
- Represented a board of directors in an FDIC investigation.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a publicly traded airplane parts company regarding propriety of payments to Indian Selling Agent. Provided a report to the audit committee, and no governmental action was taken as a result.
- Defended a former CEO of Petro Tiger Company against FCPA criminal charges.
- Designed, drafted and implemented complete corporate compliance program and in-house training presentations for a multinational food corporation.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a publicly traded logistics company regarding travel and entertainment benefits provided to Egyptian Department of Defense employees. Provided a report to the audit committee and board, and no violations were found as a result.
- Designed, drafted and implemented complete corporate compliance program and in-house training presentations for a publicly traded technology company.
- Represented a privately held oil pump manufacturer in a due diligence matter in connection with the acquisition of a smaller company. Conducted an investigation, reviewed policies and procedures and provided advice to acquiring the company.
- Designing FCPA compliance programs for an international food distribution company and publicly traded technical services corporation, among others.
- Conducted an internal investigation of publicly traded pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding antitrust violations.
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a grand jury investigation regarding alleged price fixing and market allocation.
- Represented a fencing manufacturer in a price-fixing investigation.
- Represented a former city solicitor in a bid-rigging investigation.
- Represented a pharmaceutical manufacturer in an SEC investigation of its reported earnings, alleged accounting irregularities and insider trading. Conducted a comprehensive investigation and recommended specific corrective action, including the replacement of certain employees.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a solar energy company into alleged earnings mismanagement for one of its California subsidiaries. The investigation involved interviews with all of the company's executives, including all C-level executives, as well as a detailed forensic financial analysis. Advised the company on self-reporting, management changes and improved compliance procedures.
- Represented a generic drug manufacturer in an SEC investigation.
- Represented the CFO of a publicly traded company in an options back-dating and earnings management investigation.
- Represented a securities broker in a fraud indictment.
- Represented a securities broker in a reinsurance fraud indictment.
- Represented a surgical instrument manufacturing executive in an FDA and Customs fraud indictment.
- Represented a refrigerant company executive in an excise tax evasion indictment.
- Represented a chemical manufacturing corporation in a Country of Origin Marking violation grand jury investigation.
- Represented an exporter in an Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) violation grand jury investigation.
- Represented a mining equipment manufacturer in an OFAC penalty proceeding.
- Represented a metals company director in a customs fraud and Bank Secrecy Act indictment.
- Defended a hospital administration consulting firm in a federal Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) investigation related to anti-kickback regulations.
- Defended an ophthalmology practice in a federal FCA investigation in connection with claims of billing for improper dosages of a medication that treats age-related macular degeneration.
- Defended an optometry practice in a Pennsylvania Attorney General FCA investigation related to the use of improper billing codes.
- Defended a hospital system and outpatient clinic in a New Jersey State Attorney General investigation related to the use of unaccredited providers.
- Defended a health care system in an investigation regarding employment of unlawful immigrants.
- Represented an internet pharmacy in a federal grand jury investigation
Tax and Accounting Oversight
- Represented a principal of a major accounting firm in a PCAOB investigation.
- Represented a neurologist in a criminal tax indictment.
- Represented numerous taxpayers in investigations regarding offshore bank accounts.
- Represented an accountant in a tax preparation indictment.
- Represented counsel to the Philadelphia Police commissioner in a grand jury investigation.
- Represented a former Atlantic City solicitor in a kickback and bribery investigation.
- Represented a civil engineering firm in a grand jury investigation regarding bribery of city officials.
- Represented the financial secretary of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police in a racketeering indictment.
- Represented an air conditioning supply company in a civil RICO, tortuous interference and unfair competition case.
- Represented a titanium importer in a customs civil penalty proceeding in the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Represented a food processing company in a civil FDA violation proceeding.