Patrick concentrates on complex commercial litigation and employment matters, with an emphasis on the retail, franchising, and pharmaceutical industries. He regularly counsels businesses on a variety of employment matters and handles employment discrimination litigation and other employment-related disputes.
Patrick’s experience includes:
- litigating a variety of breach of contract and Uniform Commercial Code claims, including a multi-million-dollar breach of contract suit for a pharmaceutical manufacturer
- handling claims relating to partnership and corporate dissension
- litigating restrictive covenant, stock option, and executive compensation claims
- defending national class actions regarding franchise system standards
Before Fox Rothschild
At the University of Pittsburgh, Patrick was a 1989 Truman Scholar from Pennsylvania and president of his third-year law school class.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An Elder (and former Deacon) of the Community Presbyterian Church of Ben Avon, he is currently the Clerk of Session. Patrick is also an actor with Players and Dry Bones Productions as well as the Ben Avon Community Theatre, where he holds the position of Vice-President.
Franchise Law Update Blog
Patrick is among the contributors to the firm's Franchise Law Update blog, which highlights not only the regulatory aspects of franchising but also diverse topics such as business finance, employment, litigation and the protection of intellectual property including trademarks and copyrights.
Honors & Awards
• Included in a list of "Pennsylvania Rising Stars" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006, 2007)