Paul focuses on commercial real estate mortgage financing. Over the course of his career, he has partnered with numerous lenders to handle their agency-financing needs, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD transactions. Paul also helps borrowers and lenders navigate the complexities of HUD programs, including Section 232 (assisted living, supportive living and nursing homes); Section 221(d)(3) and (4) (new construction and substantial rehabilitation); Sections 223(a)(7) and 223(f) (refinance); and Section 213 (cooperative housing).
- Successfully closed HUD-insured loans in more than 17 states.
- Established effective working relationships with HUD offices throughout the country, including in Minneapolis, Chicago, Miami, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, Greensboro, Richmond, Des Moines, Omaha, Dallas, Portland, Indianapolis, Detroit and Milwaukee.
- Represent a lender specializing in HUD-insured loans for affordable housing projects across the country.
- Represent a borrower in HUD Section 213 (cooperative housing) financing matters.
- Represented a lender in several large portfolio loans exceeding $40 million.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Paul was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
While in law school, Paul was a member of the William Mitchell Law Review.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, CALI Award for Real Estate Transactions