An experienced financial restructuring and bankruptcy attorney, Paul focuses his practice on creditor committee and creditor-side representation in both national and international bankruptcy proceedings. He frequently counsels investment funds, insurance companies and commercial banking institutions with respect to the purchase of distressed debt and assets both in and out of bankruptcy proceedings, debtor-in-possession financing, claims trading, intellectual property, real estate, derivatives and the treatment of other financial instruments in bankruptcy.
Paul also represents state agencies in connection with Chapter 9 proceedings and provides counsel to public bodies in insolvency matters.
- Counsel for Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Choxi.com, Inc.
- Representing the creditors’ committee of Bailey Tool & Manufacturing.
- Representing the creditors’ committee for Family Christian Stores, successfully keeping the retail chain open and saving thousands of jobs across the country.
- Represented the creditors’ committee for AMSCO Steel Company, LLC.
- Representing the creditors’ committee for United Support Solutions.
- Represented a supplier of goods subject to product liability claims in excess of $150 million, which asserted contribution and indemnity claims against a Chapter 11 debtor-manufacturer, resulting in substantial reduction of liability to supplier.
- Counseled a national floor plan financier of motor vehicles in various bankruptcy matters throughout the tri-state area.
- Successfully defended a litigation trustee in the U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit.
- Represented State Agency in Central Falls, Rhode Island Chapter 9 Proceeding.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Paul was a partner at an AmLaw 50 international law firm. Prior to that, Paul began his career at a bankruptcy boutique firm in New Jersey, where in addition to bankruptcy, Paul was recognized for his commitment and efforts on behalf of those in need of legal service but who were unable to afford a lawyer.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers’ list of “Rising Stars” (2013-2015)
- Named in Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2016)