An experienced financial restructuring and bankruptcy attorney, Paul focuses his practice on creditor-side representation in both national and international bankruptcy proceedings. He frequently counsels hedge funds, insurance companies and commercial banking institutions with respect to the purchase of assets out of bankruptcy, debtor-in-possession financing, claims trading, intellectual property, real estate, derivatives and the treatment of other financial instruments in bankruptcy. Additionally, Paul represents Chapter 11 trustees in all aspects of corporate debtors’ estates.
Paul also represents state agencies in connection with Chapter 9 proceedings and otherwise provides counsel to public bodies in insolvency matters.
- Represented a supplier of goods subject to product liability claims in excess of $150 million, which asserted contribution and indemnity claims against a Chapter 11 debtor-manufacturer, resulting in substantial reduction of liability to supplier.
- Represented a private equity fund in a matter involving the purchase of distressed debt in out-of-court workouts and bankruptcy court proceedings.
- Assisted in litigation involving claims of fraud against several corporate entities by insiders, resulting in a settlement of more than $9 million.
- Counseled a Chapter 11 trustee in the sale of various franchises to a private equity firm.
- Successfully defended a litigation trustee in the U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit.
- Counseled a national floor plan financier of motor vehicles in various bankruptcy matters throughout the tri-state area.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Paul was a partner at an AmLaw 50 international law firm. Prior to that, Paul began his career at a bankruptcy boutique firm in New Jersey, where in addition to bankruptcy, Paul was recognized for his commitment and efforts on behalf of those in need of legal service but who were unable to afford a lawyer.
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers’ list of “Rising Stars” (2013-2015)
- Included in Super Lawyers’ New York Metro Rising Stars (2016)