Paul practices in the areas of securities, project and real estate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate law. Using the firm’s Las Vegas and Los Angeles offices as his home base, Paul handles matters for clients ranging in size from individual entrepreneurs to multinational corporations.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Paul was Special Counsel at Duane Morris LLP. Before practicing law, he worked in the securities industry and for biotechnology research and development companies, with an emphasis on new business development.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Paul has served as a pro bono attorney for the Catholic Charitable Bureau of the Archdiocese of Boston, and is actively involved in numerous charitable and civic organizations.
- Representing a PRC-based lender in a US$200 million senior secured debt facility to a multinational borrower.
- Representing a PRC-based lender in a US$655 million secured loan to a NYSE-listed corporation in the mining industry.
- Advising a development company on a 1,600 acre project in the Bakken Oil Field.
- Advising a family office based in Tamil Nadu in connection with a multi-billion dollar energy project.
- Represented a publicly traded gaming corporation in connection with the issuance of $225 million in senior debt.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company based in the P.R. of China on the placement of $15 million in preferred securities to two Singapore-based institutional investors.
- Represented a public health care company in connection with a $407 million secured debt refinancing and the transfer of a $175 million unsecured note.
- Acted as seller’s counsel in the sale of a 20-story commercial building in Dallas, Texas.
- Acted as counsel to the tenants-in-common of an office park in San Diego County in the sale of the property to a private equity fund.
- Advised on and structured financing for the construction of a high-technology business park in Las Vegas consisting of four buildings totaling approximately 140,000 square feet.
- Represented the seller of approximately 48 acres of improved real property in southern Nevada to a national homebuilder in consideration for $135 million.
- Advised on and structured the tax-free acquisition of business entities in the State of Nevada and the State of California valued collectively at approximately $10 million through a series of reverse triangular mergers under Section 368(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Prepared private placement memoranda in connection with equity and convertible debt offerings totaling approximately $8 million to expand the operations of a biotechnology research and development company in the western United States and China.
- Represented a developer in connection with two private placements of securities to fund the construction of vacation properties in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and the acquisition of real property in Belize.
- Represented a private corporation in a dispute with dissenting shareholders and forced the redemption of stock in order to elect Subchapter S tax treatment following the sale of real property in California resulting in a $45 million capital gain.
- Negotiated corporate income and sales tax settlement agreements with 35 U.S. jurisdictions on behalf of a corporate client from Australia.
- Served as counsel to a public company in a $6 million P.I.P.E. transaction.
- Represented a private entity in connection with multiple rounds of equity financing to develop and market a newly patented medical device.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "Rising Stars" by Super Lawyers Mountain States Magazine (2011, 2012, 2015)