Peter is a skilled litigator with experience in a wide range of complex business and commercial disputes. He has defended clients in class actions, antitrust cases, secured lending disputes, and health litigation. Peter has also represented clients in professional negligence cases, construction disputes, and product liability cases.
A former law clerk for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, Peter has also worked on appeals in the state and federal courts.
Peter’s experience includes work with litigation teams that have:
- Defended a multimillion-dollar legal malpractice dispute arising from a construction dispute.
- Won reversal on appeal to the Minnesota Court of Appeals of a denial of summary judgment in a multimillion-dollar liability case against a school.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against a reinsurer in Minnesota state court.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of a general contractor against an office-building association in multimillion-dollar construct defect dispute in Minnesota state district court.
- Won the dismissal of all claims against a large secured lender in $130 million dispute in Minnesota federal district court.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against a nationwide retailer in Minnesota federal district court.
- Secured dismissal of an antitrust suit against a nationwide retailer in California federal district court.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Peter was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. Before that, he was an associate at a Minnesota litigation boutique. Immediately after law school, Peter served as a law clerk to the Honorable Heidi Schellhas of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Peter takes on pro bono cases through the Minnesota Justice Foundation. He is an active member of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Hennepin County Bar Association, and has previously held leadership positions with defense-oriented law associations.
Honors & Awards
- Named a “North Star Lawyer” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2015-2016)