Peter advises clients in a wide range of complex business and commercial disputes. He has successfully handled civil litigation cases in state and federal court involving professional negligence claims, construction disputes, employment litigation, product liability and insurance coverage. A former clerk for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, Peter has also worked on appeals to the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Served on the defense team in a multimillion-dollar legal malpractice dispute arising from a construction dispute.
- Obtained an opinion from the Minnesota Court of Appeals reversing a district court’s denial of summary judgment to a school in a multimillion-dollar liability case.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance company against an insured driver in a commercial trucking coverage dispute in Minnesota federal district court.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurance company and car rental company on the basis of the plaintiff’s lack of standing in Minnesota state district court, including obtaining a Minnesota Court of Appeals opinion affirming the district court’s ruling.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of general contractor against an office-building association in multimillion-dollar construct defect dispute in Minnesota state district court.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Peter was an associate at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP. Immediately after law school, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Heidi Schellhas of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Peter is a member of the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association and currently serves as co-chair of the New Defense Lawyers Committee. He is also a member of DRI Young Lawyers and is co-vice chair of its State and Local Defense Organization (SLDO) Committee.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of “North Star Lawyers” by The Minnesota State Bar Association (2015-2016)