Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, Peter is a leading counselor, problem-solver and lawyer in San Francisco. He guides individuals and families who need a reliable relationship with a caring, experienced lawyer who will assist them in times of greatest personal opportunity, life event, or crisis.
Peter frequently writes and teaches in the areas of estate planning, family business entities and estate planning and has authored and published treatises, books and articles, regularly speaking throughout the country on topics of interest to wealthy families and their advisers, as well as at conventions of professionals.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Peter was a principal of Myers Kenney P.C. (previously known as Myers Urbatsch, P.C.).
Peter also practiced antitrust and securities law with a national firm from 1987 through 1992 before starting his own firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Peter is the executive editor of the book Business Succession Planning: Strategies for California Estate Planners and Business Attorneys, published by Continuing Education of the Bar-California. He was an adjunct faculty member at Golden Gate University, San Francisco campus, and The Wealth Strategies Institute at Michigan State University, where he taught stock options planning. He regularly teaches for the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), the Southern California Institute and various local and national professional groups.
Peter also offers popular educational seminars and training courses for consumers, attorneys, business owners, accountants and other related professionals, including the annual Fiduciary Attorney Summit in Lake Tahoe and a Review Course for the Exam to Become a California Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
Honors & Awards
- Named to “Northern California SuperLawyers” by San Francisco magazine (2004-2016)
- Named among the “Top 100 Lawyers” in the U.S. by The Robb Report/Worth Magazine (2005-2006)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated since 1995
- Named the Business Succession Attorney of the Year by Lawyers' Monthly magazine in 2013
- Recipient of the Wiley W. Manuel Award in 1990-91 and 1991-92 (State Bar of California Board of Governors’ Award for provision of legal services to the poor)
- Recipient of the Outstanding Attorney in Public Service Award, 1991 (BASF Volunteer Legal Services Program)