Family Law Practice
Personal Attention to Complex Issues
Every day more and more families are challenged by issues that will affect them throughout their lives. Decisions made during these critical periods can be some of the most difficult ones a family will ever make because of the potential long-term consequences.
Fox Rothschild’s family law attorneys help clients understand their legal needs during these trying times and guide you and your family to help ensure that you achieve the results you need – now and for the future. We serve as your advocate, paying attention to your needs and fighting hard for your results – including maintaining your privacy. Our attorneys resolve delicate family law matters with care, agility, sensitivity and hands-on service.
Family law issues frequently involve a complex mixture of emotion, history, assets and goals. Pulling apart and resolving the often conflicting pieces of that web requires lawyers who not only know the law – and the nuances of state laws that play a significant role in many cases – but who also see and understand the whole picture as well as the individual pieces that comprise that picture. From questions of child custody and support to issues about alimony and division of property – even including resolution of pet custody – Fox Rothschild’s experienced family law attorneys provide clients with comprehensive representation and guidance to enable sound and creative thinking about their plans for the future.
Leaders in Family Law
Fox Rothschild Family Law Attorneys are well known in their field and serve and have held family law leadership positions at the county, state and national level, including:
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Family Law Sections of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, New Jersey Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association and Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court of Domestic Relations Procedural Rules Committee
- Matrimonial Law Section Committee for the New York County Lawyers Association
- Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
- Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Law American Inn of Court
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (VIP)
- Interdisciplinary Forum on Mental Health and Family Law, NYCLA Matrimonial Law Section
- New York State Women's Bar Association Pro Bono Matrimonial Project
- Doris Jonas Freed Matrimonial Inn of Court
Awards & Honors
Many of our attorneys have been recognized as distinguished family law practitioners. Awards and listings include:
- Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court
- "Best Lawyers in America" - Family Law
- "Super Lawyers" in Philadelphia, New Jersey and California - Law & Politics Magazine
- "Top Lawyers in Family Law" - Main Line Today Magazine
- "Woman on the Verge in the Profession" - The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly
- "Delaware’s Top Lawyers" - Delaware Today
- "Pennsylvania Rising Star" - Law and Politics Magazine
- "New Jersey Rising Star" - Law and Politics Magazine
- "Pro Bono Roll of Honor" by First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- "40 under 40" distinguished business and community leaders - Philadelphia Business Journal
- "Lawyers on the Fast Track" - The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania’s Law Weekly
- "10 Leaders in Matrimonial and Divorce Law in Northern New Jersey"
- "10 Under 40" of Family and Matrimonial Law attorneys
- "Top 10 Leaders for Divorce in New Jersey Under 45"
- "Unsung Hero" for pro bono work by The Legal Intelligencer
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- "Awesome Attorney" in Family Law by Suburban Life