Among the matters Fox Rothschild attorneys have handled recently in the realm of privacy and data security are:
- Serve as privacy counsel to a nationwide retailer (stores and e-commerce sites).
- Prepared and drafted internal and external privacy policies, as well as incident response plans, for nationwide title insurer; global food, beverage and supplies distributor; educational systems provider; international luxury automobile manufacturer; and gaming and hospitality company.
- Represented a fast-growing ecommerce service provider with respect to the Global Payments data breach.
- Represented a global merchant processor with respect to a former employee’s authorized access and downloading PII.
- Represented a national medical debt collection company in an investigation and regulatory action filed by the FTC related to P2P technology. Negotiated terms of the consent order and prepared mandatory, periodic compliance reports submitted to the FTC.
- Serve as privacy counsel to two global hospitality and resort companies:
- Work closely with senior management and in-house counsel to investigate data security incidents.
- Determine necessary state notification obligations.
- Prepare notifications to consumers, state attorney generals and/or law enforcement.
- Work with state attorneys general and/or law enforcement.
- Prepare press releases and responses to FAQs.
- Defended a global medical device company in response to denial of service allegations by a competitor.
- Defended a mobile application publisher in a state action brought by the New Jersey Attorney General – the first of its kind – for alleged breaches of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The matter was settled.