When an ASC Dials 911: Advice for Creating or Reviewing a Hospital Transfer AgreementJanuary 2010 – Articles Outpatient Surgery
A hospital transfer agreement, the safety net that ambulatory surgery centers hope they will never need, must clearly establish the respective responsibilities of the ASC and the hospital in the following areas:
- the transfer of patient information;
- the provision of transportation;
- the sharing of services, equipment and personnel;
- the provision of care in relation to the facility and agency capability; and
- the confidentiality of patient records.
View entire article.
Article found on pages 22-24 of the newsletter.