Rachelle is Assistant General Counsel and provides risk management advice and guidance to more than 800 attorneys in Fox Rothschild's 22 offices nationwide. A certified mediator, she is skilled in resolving disputes and counseling clients on liability issues.
- Advises firm attorneys on legal matters relating to risk management, ethics and compliance with the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Manages litigation against the firm and firm attorneys; supervises outside counsel; and participates in and handles all aspects of settlements.
- Conducts and supervises investigations, including employment-related investigations.
- Reviews and vets potential conflicts; drafts and revises firm's conflict policies and conflict clearance procedures; and supervises the firm's conflicts counsel.
- Conducts risk management seminars throughout the firm’s offices and lectures on risk management issues.
- Reviews and responds to complaints made against firm attorneys, including ethics charges and complaints made by clients.
Before Fox Rothschild
In her prior role as Senior Legal Counsel for Univision Communications in California and New York, Rachelle:
- Worked daily in a bilingual (English-Spanish) environment and communicated with company executives and employees in either language.
- Defended and investigated all media-related lawsuits against the company.
- Investigated and defended employment and discrimination complaints against the company.
- Interfaced daily with newsroom staff and vetted Spanish-language news stories prior to broadcast.
- Conducted legal seminars for network personnel on ways to avoid defamation lawsuits.
- Advised on intellectual property matters and assisted in the prosecution of copyright infringement actions.
- Supervised litigation against the company throughout the country and worked closely with outside counsel in pre-trial discovery, trial preparation and trials. Participated in mediation and settlement conferences.
- Worked closely with the Director of Risk Management and reported directly to the General Counsel.
- Negotiated and drafted business contracts and handled general corporate matters.
Rachelle is also former Deputy Trial Counsel for the State Bar of California, where she investigated and prosecuted disciplinary complaints against attorneys for violations of the California Rules of Professional Conduct before the State Bar Court. She proposed and negotiated the terms of discipline to remedy attorney misconduct and worked closely with investigators to develop factual information necessary to prosecute attorneys.
As an associate with Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in California, Rachelle represented large companies in complex litigation, took and defended depositions, participated in all aspects of discovery, and second-chaired a trial in Northern California.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Active in the community, Rachelle serves on the board of directors for Boy Scouts of America, Troop 43; Corner House Foundation, Princeton, NJ; and Meals on Wheels, Mercer County, NJ. She was previously on the board of The Princeton Girlchoir. Rachelle is also a Spanish-language volunteer for the Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund, where she provides legal outreach and assistance to the immigrant community in the area.