Ranelle is a business litigator who defends both public and private companies from potential threats posed by health care litigation, government investigations and products liability claims. She conducts internal corporate audits and investigations to help companies and boards manage and mitigate risk. She also advises clients on complex transactions involving contamination and environmental compliance issues. In addition, she represents food and animal feed manufacturers, processors and retailers in matters ranging from labeling and advertising to food safety and recalls.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver in proceedings related to Petters Ponzi scheme involving tens of millions of dollars.
- Successfully represents health care clients in disputes with providers to recover overpayments for services.
- Robin Drug, et al. v. Prime Therapeutics, Inc. — Represented a pharmacy benefits manager in a class action arbitration brought by pharmacies involving allegations of using improper average wholesale pricing to reimburse contracting pharmacies for prescription drug claims.
- Defended a health care client against a False Claims Act complaint involving alleged fraud under Medicare Part D.
- Successfully defended product manufacturers and corporate parents in class action antitrust litigation in several jurisdictions.
- SKB Environmental, Inc. v. Metropolitan Airports Commission — Served as lead trial counsel and obtained a directed verdict at trial for the MAC in a lawsuit regarding a construction project at an airport.
- Successfully defended a manufacturer of railroad-grade crossing safety equipment in several lawsuits alleging the equipment failed to properly warn motorists of an approaching train.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Ranelle was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.While in law school, she was a board member and author of the William Mitchell Law Review.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ranelle participates in the Tubman Safety Project, which provides pro bono legal representation to low-income victims of domestic violence who are seeking orders of protection.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers Magazine