Named as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in New Jersey by Chambers USA, Raymond has a local and national practice in bankruptcy and related litigation matters as well as in other corporate restructurings and business finance matters. He primarily represents creditors' committees, individual creditors, asset purchasers, debtors, banks, funds, utilities, trustees and other parties in areas including:
- bankruptcy, reorganizations and workouts
- bankruptcy-related asset purchases and other distressed M&A
- preference litigation
- creditor rights
- loan restructuring
- debtor-in-possession financing
- intercreditor relationships
- banking and commercial lending matters
Raymond also represents individuals and entities in litigation where those persons have been defrauded by the debtor. He has developed an extensive knowledge in advising mortgage servicers and default servicers in consumer bankruptcy cases in connection with numerous issues including recovery of their attorney’s fees and other expenses.
Raymond's representative cases have included:
- Counsel to debtor in casino bankruptcy.
- Counsel to trustee in liquidation of bank holding company which was third largest bank failure in 2008.
- Counsel to creditors committee in Chapter 11 case of leading producer and supplier of ready mixed concrete.
- Counsel to creditors committee in Chapter 11 case of commercial general contractor.
- Counsel to trustee in liquidation of Alt-A mortgage lender.
- National bankruptcy and creditor rights counsel to large energy company and related companies.
- Counsel to creditors' committee in Chapter 11 case of more than 150 year-old laminating manufacturer.
- Counsel to debtor in Chapter 11 case of billion-dollar mortgage company.
- National bankruptcy and creditor rights counsel to large cable manufacturer and related companies.
- Counsel to successful bidder of intellectual property of Chapter 11 name-brand apparel company.
- Successful representation of mortgage default servicer in nationally watched case on judge's show cause order.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Ray was a partner in the business restructuring and bankruptcy practice at the Philadelphia office of Blank Rome LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Raymond previously served on the board of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and was co-chair for the Education Committee for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference. He is also a member of the Turnaround Management Association and American Bankruptcy Institute. He is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy issues and spoke at the annual convention for the National Association of Credit Managers. He has also contributed a chapter for Inside the Minds: Representing Small Businesses in Bankruptcy titled “Counseling Small Business Owners in Financial Distress.”
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in New Jersey, Chambers USA (2011-2013)