Rick is a litigator who solves problems for businesses and individuals. Whether this involves preventing litigation, pursuing alternative dispute resolution or taking a case to trial, Rick has experience navigating contract disputes, real estate claims, health care and professional license issues, employment law claims and estate and trust matters involving fiduciary duties or will contests. Rick is responsive to his clients and works diligently to develop legal strategies that best fit their goals and objectives.
- Won a trial verdict on behalf of a dermatologist for unpaid wages and attorneys’ fees in a lawsuit against a major hospital system
- Obtained a defense verdict for a major fast food franchisee in a negligence claim
- Secured summary judgment for a landlord in a dispute with a car dealership tenant
- Successfully argued for the dismissal of a products liability claim against a Taiwanese sporting goods manufacturer
- Bicycle Legislation Report, Northside Leadership Conference, January 2016
- Trade Secrets CLE, Association of Corporate Council, March 2016
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Rick was a litigation associate in the Pittsburgh office of a national law firm.
While in law school, Rick served as senior managing editor for the Law Review and was a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow for a charter school in Pittsburgh, where he taught a constitutional law course to high school seniors.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An avid cyclist, Rick is actively engaged in the Pittsburgh cycling community. He serves on the Board of Directors for Bike Share Pittsbugh, Inc., a nonprofit organization that operates the HealthyRide bike sharing network, and is a member of the Executive Leadership Council of the American Diabetes Association, for which he organizes the annual Tour de Cure Gran Fondo. Rick is also the President of the La Prima Espresso Co. Cycling Team and sits on the Board of Directors of the Allegheny Cycling Association.