Rick focuses his practice on litigation and represents businesses and individuals in a wide array of matters, including real estate and landlord/tenant disputes, health care and professional license issues, employment law, personal injury and insurance coverage and claims.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a major fast food franchisee in Magisterial District Court
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a restaurateur in a negligence claim
- Obtained summary judgment for a landlord in a dispute with a car dealership tenant
- Secured a verdict in favor of a medical doctor in a nonjury trial for unpaid wages
- Obtained summary judgment for a manufacturer in a products liability case for lack of personal jurisdiction
- Bicycle Legislation Report
Northside Leadership Conference, January 2016
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Rick was a litigation associate in the Pittsburgh office of a national law firm.
While in law school, Rick served as senior managing editor for the Law Review. He also served as a law clerk and summer associate at various firms in Erie and Pittsburgh and was a Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow for a charter school in Pittsburgh, where he taught a constitutional law course to high school seniors.
During college, Rick interned as an English teacher at a high school in Beaver Falls, Pa. He also interned for National Geographic and was a research assistant for “The Man Who Pushed America to War,” working closely with NBC Investigative Reporting Producer Aram Roston.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Rick is an active member of the Executive Leadership Council of the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. He has also served on the Alumni Board of Directors of Penn State Behrend, helping to coordinate programs for alumni-student mentoring, career development and professional networking.
An avid cyclist, Rick is also a member of the La Prima Espresso Racing Team, earning podium finishes in the Appalachian Bicycle Racing Association Road Race Series, the Allegheny Cycling Association Series and numerous wins in cyclocross events.