With more than 30 years of both legal and business experience in the real estate industry, Robert possesses in-depth insight and hands-on knowledge into leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture structuring, financing and build-to-suit development. He has been recognized for his reputation among clients and in the industry by Chambers USA, which noted him as a leading real estate attorney in New Jersey and by NJBIZ, which named him as one of the 50 most powerful and influential real estate leaders in New Jersey.
Throughout his career, Robert has represented clients in connection with the leasing of more than 15 million square feet of office, industrial and retail space, the purchase and sale of more than $4 billion of office, industrial and retail properties, and the borrowing and lending of more than $2 billion of office, industrial and retail properties. Robert has represented clients in connection with six NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) “Deal of the Year” Awards.
Beyond this scope of his legal practice, Robert spent several years immersed in the business side of real estate, acquiring and developing properties in urban areas. This industry insight allows him to help provide practical strategies and solutions for the legal aspects of his clients’ real estate needs.
Before Fox Rothschild
Robert started his career at Shearman & Sterling and was previously a partner at Day Pitney, Thacher Proffitt & Wood and Drinker Biddle & Reath.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of the “Real Estate Power 75” by NJBIZ: Real Estate Report (2016)
- Included in a list of the "50 Most Powerful Real Estate Leaders in New Jersey" by NJBIZ: Real Estate & Construction Report (Fall 2013)
- Recognized by Chambers USA as a leading real estate attorney in New Jersey (2011-2016)
- Included in a list of New Jersey Super Lawyers in the area of real estate (2009-2016)
- Included in a list of The Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate Law (2013-2017)