Bob provides strategic labor and employment guidance to clients, including medical device firms, multifacility health care providers and manufacturers, in connection with employment claims, human resource management issues, union avoidance, collective bargaining and labor arbitrations. For more than 30 years, he has successfully represented employers in proceedings before state and federal courts, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights and other courts and agencies.
In addition, Bob advises employers on the management of discrimination, harassment, and whistleblower allegations, drafts effective human resource policies and materials and counsels clients in individual and group terminations, internal investigations and performance management issues.
- Secured a federal court’s dismissal, which was sustained on appeal, of an EEOC class action against a national manufacturer.
- Advised a multistate health care provider regarding a national union organizing “corporate campaign.”
- Conduct supervisory/managerial training regarding human resources and labor relations issues and strategies for large, mid-size and small employers.
- Conduct sensitive, high-level investigations regarding employee conduct and complaints.
- Draft critical employment materials, including employee handbooks, human resources policies, employment agreements, and reduction in force materials.
- Regularly advises on labor and employment matters from both human resource management and legal perspectives.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Bob was a partner at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of "Minnesota's Top Rated Lawyers" (2014)