Rob’s practice areas include transactional and zoning/land use work. Rob also counsels businesses on a wide variety of legal related matters. Rob is a recognized authority in real estate law. He is Co-Chair of the firm’s Zoning and Land Use Group and the immediate past Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department.
As to his real estate transactional work, Rob represents clients with the following:
- Agreements of sale for the sale and acquisition of real estate
- Landlord and tenant leasing involving shopping centers, office buildings, industrial complexes and all types of commercial properties
- Financing matters – both as to lenders and borrowers
- 1031 tax free exchanges and conservation easements
- Planned community and condominium documents
- Conveyance documents including easements, deeds and declarations of covenants, as well as title insurance matters.
- Formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- Construction and development agreements
- All types of real estate and business related contracts
As to his zoning/land use work, Rob represents developers, builders and property owners in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties with the following:
- Applications to zoning hearing boards and boards of adjustment for variances, special exceptions and zoning interpretations
- Rezonings—both map and text amendments
- Curative amendments and validity challenges—both substantive and procedural
- Subdivisions to create new building lots
- Land development for new projects
- Expansions to existing commercial and industrial buildings
- Subdivision and land development waivers
Rob’s work with lender representation includes the following:
- Representation of banks with any conventional or more complicated loan transactions, including tax-free loans, construction loans and commercial loans secured by real estate in a number of states.
- Review of bank loan documentation and the rendering of opinions as to the bank’s ability to pursue enforcement and execution thereunder.
- Assisting banks in the negotiation and preparation of forbearance agreements.
- Completing amicable and contested mortgage foreclosure actions, as well as deficiency judgment claims against borrowers and guarantors.
- The sale of real estate properties.
- Performing due diligence work as to the status of permits and approvals.
Finally, Rob handles real estate litigation work involving:
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Tax assessment appeals
- Dedications under the Municipalities Planning Code
- Preliminary injunctions
- Specific performance claims under Agreements of Sale
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Contract enforcement
Before Fox Rothschild
In law school at Temple University, Rob was a member of the Temple Law Review and received the Arthur L. Berns Memorial Prize for outstanding work in real estate law.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Rob is a frequent lecturer and author on real estate subjects in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including annual updates on zoning and land use cases and legislation. In Bucks County he has served:
- As a board member on the Bucks County Planning Commission
- On Bucks County's Open Space Task Force, as appointed by the County Commissioners
- As a presenter for the Bucks County Small Business Conference, as appointed by the County Commissioners
- As a board member of the Bucks County Community College Authority and the Bucks County Housing Group
Honors & Awards
• Included in the list of "Super Lawyers" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine