Sam serves as the Litigation Department administrative partner in the Exton office and litigates disputes in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania. Sam’s pragmatic, business-like approach helps clients resolve disputes efficiently and cost-effectively.
Sam also assists financial services companies obtain legally required court approvals of transactions, having obtained approvals for hundreds of assignments of lottery prizes and structured settlement proceeds. Sam manages the firm’s practice in this area, which encompasses the representation of financial services companies throughout the United States, including the courts of Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Florida, Colorado, California and Nevada.
Sam also currently serves as Solicitor to Exeter Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, and he handles matters for municipalities and school districts throughout Pennsylvania.
Representative matters in the past three years include the following:
- obtaining summary judgment for banking institution in a multimillion-dollar insurance coverage dispute in a case of first impression in federal district court;
- currently defending consumer class action on behalf of financial services company arising out of assignments of structured settlement proceeds approved by Virginia state courts;
- currently counsel for regional health network in multi-million dollar contract dispute;
- obtaining summary judgment in an insurance coverage dispute for medical practice policyholder in a dispute involving a tragic fatality;
- obtaining preliminary injunction precluding departing physician from competing with former medical practice;
- obtaining extraordinary relief for construction firm concerning its land use rights; and
- defeating request for preliminary injunction by contractor, which allowed a critical and significant land development project to move forward.
Sam also handles construction litigation matters on behalf of public and private owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors and lenders. Sam has successfully defended builders and developers, and pursued claims on behalf of homeowners in construction defect cases.
Sam also handles contract drafting and negotiation, and provides counseling to clients regarding risk identification, mitigation and avoidance.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sam resides in Chester County with his wife and children. He is active in many community and professional organizations.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Pennsylvania Rising Star" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2007-2008, 2010-2011, 2015-2017)