As a member of the firm's Family Law practice group, Sandra concentrates in all aspects of family law, including:
- Dissolution of civil unions and domestic partnerships
- Equitable distribution and division of assets, including division of professional corporations, partnerships, limited liability corporations, stock options, pensions, IRA's and 401k accounts
- Alimony, including permanent, rehabilitative and limited duration
- Custody, including high conflict matters, international and relocation issues
- Child support, including emancipation of children and payment of college expenses
- Grandparent visitation
- Negotiation and preparation of prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Domestic violence
- Negotiation and preparation of property/marital settlement agreements
- Post-judgment enforcement and modification of agreements, orders and judgments
- Litigation, mediation and arbitration of family law matters
- Collaborative divorces
- Appellate practice in family law matters
Sandra's reported cases include:
- Maeker v. Ross, 430 N.J. Super. 73 (App. Div. s2013) (landmark palimony case that precluded palimony cases from being brought unless the agreement was in writing, even if the oral promise or relationship predated the palimony amendment to the statute of frauds)
Before Fox Rothschild
Sandra was previously associated with a firm located in Morristown, New Jersey handling various domestic relation matters. She is a former law clerk to the Honorable Stephan C. Hansbury, Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Part, Morris County.
While in law school, Sandra studied abroad in Italy at the Universities of Parma and Milan studying Business Transactions and Comparative Constitutional Law while also serving as the Resident Assistant/Translator.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Sandra was appointed to the Supreme Court of New Jersey District XB Ethics Committee for West Morris and Sussex Counties.
Sandra serves as a volunteer attorney for the National Council for Jewish Women, and—since 2007—with Partners for Women & Justice. She also serves as a panelist for the Essex and Morris County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panels.
She served as a volunteer judge for the American Bar Association’s Law Student National Representation in Mediation Competition.
Sandra is also currently serving as Co-Chair of the Family Law Executive Committee of the Essex County Bar Association.
New Jersey Divorce App
For those simply contemplating separation or already in the midst of divorce proceedings in the Garden State, the useful tools included in Fox’s New Jersey Divorce App can answer questions, offer insight into aspects of the divorce process that may have been overlooked and provide users with resources they may not have known were available.
The app is currently available for free in the iTunes Store. To download it, click here.
New Jersey Family Legal Blog
Sandra also contributes to the New Jersey Family Legal Blog (http://njfamilylaw.foxrothschild.com/ ). This blog provides practical information and useful tips related to such topics as alimony, child support, custody, parenting time, divorce, equitable distribution, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence, and grandparent visitation. This blog is an excellent resource for individuals with New Jersey specific family law questions and advisors whose clients may encounter family law issues.
Honors & Awards
- Included in the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)
- Selected as a "New Jersey Rising Star" by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2008-2014)
- Selected for inclusion in the National Association of Professional Women
- Included in the list of Ten Leaders for Divorce in New Jersey Under Age 45 for 2012